You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freezes/Nonresponsive when "adding selected shapes"

Oridraw

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 10:19 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Oridraw,

Could you attach a copy of the file you're using for this operation please? Boolean specific issues are very reliant on your geometry, so are generally not a global issue that we can reproduce easily.

Please send link to attach file through, that has been done before when I have been asked to send file through this forum.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Oridraw said:

Please send link to attach file through, that has been done before when I have been asked to send file through this forum.

Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/jRdMisrYc0XMyUWthQ1o

We have to manually create these links so only tend to do that if users don't want to publicly share the files to the forum. If you're reporting an issue and want to share a file but not publicly then please let us know in your first post so we can accomodate!
Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, Sean P said:

Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/request/jRdMisrYc0XMyUWthQ1o

We have to manually create these links so only tend to do that if users don't want to publicly share the files to the forum. If you're reporting an issue and want to share a file but not publicly then please let us know in your first post so we can accomodate!
Thanks

Sorry, I clicked link and it has expired, I did not get email notification you had replied.

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Oridraw said:

Sorry, I clicked link and it has expired, I did not get email notification you had replied.

I've re-enabled the link now for another 7 days. Please be aware that you might need to set your forum preferences to automatically follow a created/replied thread so you get email notifications. 

On 10/7/2020 at 3:16 PM, Sean P said:

I've re-enabled the link now for another 7 days. Please be aware that you might need to set your forum preferences to automatically follow a created/replied thread so you get email notifications. 

It happened again, expired link and I did not get notified. Please make link active again. I have updated my notification settings so hopefully I will be notified when you respond. Thank you and sorry for hassle.

• Staff
15 hours ago, Oridraw said:

It happened again, expired link and I did not get notified. Please make link active again. I have updated my notification settings so hopefully I will be notified when you respond. Thank you and sorry for hassle.

@Oridraw,

The link has now been enabled for another week!

8 hours ago, Sean P said:

@Oridraw,

The link has now been enabled for another week!

Thank you. I have uploaded files, 1 of file with the issue and second the screenshot of this issue with the attached file. I recreated new file where this happens too, as I the file I originally posted about in this forum with this issue I do not have anymore. I will await feedback. Thank you for patience with getting uploaded file.

• Staff

Thanks for the file - I can reproduce this, and we do have some similar issues with development so I will get it passed along. However I think part of the issue is the poor geometry in your file. Which could be caused by 'Divide' - that can cause lots of small tiny objects like this.

If I take one of the outer clusters and delete the main geometric shapes I'm left with 551 small curves which is what is causing the add operation to choke. The geometry on the Quarter Circles looks fine, it is just the Semi Circles that have this issue.

If I select just the proper objects and Add them it is fine. Might be worth temporarily hiding these in your file and then delete all these small, useless objects.
image.png

On 10/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file - I can reproduce this, and we do have some similar issues with development so I will get it passed along. However I think part of the issue is the poor geometry in your file. Which could be caused by 'Divide' - that can cause lots of small tiny objects like this.

If I take one of the outer clusters and delete the main geometric shapes I'm left with 551 small curves which is what is causing the add operation to choke. The geometry on the Quarter Circles looks fine, it is just the Semi Circles that have this issue.

If I select just the proper objects and Add them it is fine. Might be worth temporarily hiding these in your file and then delete all these small, useless objects.
image.png

Hi Sean. Thanks for feedback and input. I would not mind if a pop up appeared saying that there are too many curves, and then could return and select less, though it is more the fact that freezing happens and I could lose work done previous to trying to add. Good luck with resolving this with development team you pass this along to.