You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Digital Billboard

ronniemcbride

So, I just wanted to share a real world application case where I used Affinity designer for professional client work. I am not going to win any design awards on this stuff. What is  most important to my client is that their message stands out.  The challenge I face with the tech industry is making anything look remotely interesting. Maybe one day I get a chance to do something for apple.... ha, yeah right :P 

All design and concept was created and developed by me. 

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0013-e1440009271731.jpg

IMG_0012-e1440008729747.jpg

These campaigns will be running for the next 4 weeks in NY city  I have two other digital billboard locations displaying  my work on a major  highway (Rt 80)  of NJ and also in the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel as well. I have received any pictures from my client yet on those, but I will get out there at some point and shoot my own.

Thanks, Lilly!  That is  pretty much my style when it comes to corporate branding design work type work. So, I am glad it reads that way. :) I glad they allowed me creative license down to the message. Some of the stuff they were coming up with was way too much to put on a billboard and a bit too techie in speak.

Hahaha! Thanks, Peter I'll be sure call you to join me for a pint when I arrive. :P 

Excellent!   :)

Congratulations Ronnie! Good for you :)

Hey Ronnie, great work! I really like your style :)

Thank You so much. I really appreciate all your kind words and support!

Congrats Ronnie

“It takes a very long time to become young.” ― Pablo Picasso

“Apologizing does not always mean you're wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.” ― Mark Matthews

Congratulations Ronnie !  :)

Anybody still having doubts about using Affinity products in pro market ?  :P

Thanks, Yakk! Yup, that why I post and share some of the stuff  I am doing professionally. I want to dispell any doubts for sure.  This totally brilliant application and it is only gonna get better! People forget sometimes It's only Version 1.3.2 and so much can be done with it already. It  is only gonna get better with time.

That's AMAZING! Must be SO great to see your design in the real world! :D Really well done, Ronnie! :)

Matt

Yes, it does feel good. It also feels great when someone assumes I did the work in Photoshop and I Explain to them that I am doing it in Affinity Designer. When they say they need a PSD I just export the file as a PSD and send it off. The only thing I wish for the future is exportable editable text layers, but I am patient I know these things take a tremendous amount of work and it is not as easy as most people assume.

Congrats Ronnie

not-in-use perhaps you should use it, no? But Seriously, Thank You!

Nice one Ronnie. I haven't been to NYC for a while.  Looks like you're giving Hooters some competition in one of those shots. ;-) Good to see some Affinity out there!  

Thanks Retro! Haha I didn't even notice the Hooter ;) 

Fantastic work Ronnie :)

Glad to see some more real world examples of work being done with Affinity.

Looking forward for your next!

Thanks, MEB! Yeah, I Using Affinity on more stuff and as much has possible. I really don't miss that other application. I can't wait until Affinity Publisher is out so I can give that other product made by that other company the boot entirely! I working on my own suite of choice apps to replace my current tools I already have two apps to replace After Effects  and Premiere too! Then I feel more in control again!