You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 9/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, kirkwood62@att.net said:

when i try to work a raw file ,when i i get to tone map it locks my comp. up. ihad to shut  it down, it locks up. thanks keith kirkwood

Welcome to the forums!  😊. You will get help much faster if you will change the title of your topic to something such as  Switching to Tone Map Persona Locks My Computer.   So often when we are brand new to the forums we think that “Title” means ours (Dr.  Mr. Adm. Mrs. etc. ). It is actually meant to be something which describes our problem.  Also, it would be a very good idea to change your user name to something other than an email address to prevent spammers from reaching you.  I am so sorry that I don’t know how to help with your problem, but there will be those who will come to your assistance once they spot your problem.   

You should be able to change the title by logging in, then clicking on Edit at the bottom of your entry.    Hope this helps! 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

5 minutes ago, kirkwood62@att.net said:

your are such a joke, an so smart change this an change that, thanks for nothing

If you think that you're going to get help with talk like that then you may just as well leave these forums and never come back.

jmwellborn was trying to give you solid advice with only help in mind. If you can do nothing but react like a child then you're really not worth bothering with.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

As Blende21 has said, Serif (and we users) recommend not using your email address as your username for the forums. You can change that at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/username/ if you want to.

And jmwellborn was also right that you'll get better answers with a meaningful subject line for your topic.

Unfortunately, I can't provide much help for your question about tone mapping. However, it will help Serif or anyone who can help you if you tell us what OS you're using (MacOS, Windows) and what release of the OS you're using.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Unfortunately, I can't provide much help for your question about tone mapping. However, it will help Serif or anyone who can help you if you tell us what OS you're using (MacOS, Windows) and what release of the OS you're using.

Unfortunately, none of us can provide much help without knowing not only those OS details but also the make and model of the camera that the raw files came from. Whether any of us will actually be inclined to help, given the OP’s dismissive attitude, is an entirely different matter!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)