You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Erratic behaviors of the caption of layers

srg

I posted previously about a long overdue fix of an erratic behavior of the captions of the layers. Sometimes they prevent from writing, other times trying to write erase what was already written, and now (v 1.8.4) for the first time I observed a repeating problem: the caption disappiars and even the layer itself sometimes disappear. It is getting on 1.8.4 really bad.

I am not sure how to upload a problem like this since it is erratically happeing, but it should be easy for you to reproduce.

The photo shows my hardware.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 5.44.38 PM.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2020 at 5:09 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @srg,

I manager to replicate it here and logged it with our developers. 

I must tell everybody that I am absolutely upset about this caption thing. It is a true disaster in v 1.8.4 and a tremendous waste of time and patience. It is also very frequent that in the mess of trying to write a caption the layer disappears. A disaster. Please fix this ... thing which should be an obvious fix.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 4:35 AM, MEB said:

Hi srg,
My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you. I've bumped our report yet again in the hope it speed things up a bit.

Hello, the problem is still alive and well in beta 1.9.0.204

I guess programmers do not use their own programs so they cannot realize how annoying and time consuming this glitch-bug can be. 

• 11 months later...

Hi srg! I am totally with you. I have the same Issue using Designer for at least a year. I have to type fast when renaming a layer because the caption get's lost all the time. Sometimes after the first letter sometimes i can complete the name. I thought it will be resolved quickly because everybody will complain a so obvious bug but it seems that it is not a issue for many people!! I use Designer 1.10.0 at the moment.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-05 um 11.45.34.jpg

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Thanks for your report @tobnicht. I've updated/bumped our report to bring it up to dev's attention.

Hello, as I reported previously this problem, at least on my case, has been resolved with the new release of the macOS. It is still necessary to make sure that the cursor is blinking and that may take some time but after that it works. Also a good idea to click 'return" after writing the caption.