You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nvidia  has a free  standalon soft available  to convert files to DDS . Perfectly same  as Photoshop plugin.  But of course it's an extra pain in your a...  by  saving a second time each time.

And we need first to  have that zero alpha black holes  multiplied on rgb colors   fixed IMO before even   think about using AP  for textures

Just now, kirk23 said:

Nvidia  has a free  standalon soft available  to convert files to DDS . Perfectly same  as Photoshop plugin.  But of course it's an extra pain in your a...  by  saving a second time each time.

I know that Nvidia has a standalone software. Thanks.
But I want to use it in Affinity Photo directly. :)

As you said: It is annoying to use another software to generate a DDS File.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another one here looking for .dds support.  Reading through this question I can see it's been requested for two years without so much as a reply from the devs.  You just lost a sale here.  I'll look elsewhere for a program to do what I need.  Glad I checked this before buying, even just the lack of a reply from you is enough for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ridiculous that threads like this have existed for YEARS and have been entirely ignored by Affinity. What's the deal? Why are they so intent on ignoring a clearly very popular request? It's not like games are some niche thing anymore. DDS support is huge and is currently keeping a lot of people locked to photoshop.

I don't understand why we can't at LEAST get a response. If they just showed up and told us "No, we aren't adding dds support because we hate money" then at least there would be an answer, it's just that they keep ignoring it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, totally agree -- having native DDS support would be an AWESOME feature! Maybe some coding ninja can code up an extension that ports file-format PS plugins (ie. Intel Texture Works) for use in Photo 2. Personally, I'm trying to divorce my Adobe subscription -- $60/m is stupid rough! I decided to pay in on Affinty's Photo and Designer apps so that they would ultimately be my goto art programs, replacing Photoshop and Illustrator. With Photoshop, I use the Intel Texture Works Plugin to convert to DDS but I also have the NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter. I also have the standalone version of the NTTE so that I I'm not tied to Photoshop. So if you ARE using Photo 2, the best alternative to saving DDS files without having to use PS is to use the standalone NTTE OR use the free options (ie. Gimp). But yeah, Affinity/Serif -- DDS is a BIG deal, so why not? #TeamDDS!

I have to agree, I will not purchase v2 either because of this exact missing feature. Leaving out the dds file format is a bad joke in 2022, ridicolous that even Gimp can solve this huge problem (as I read the forum history, the users begging for dds support for 5+ years) :/

• Staff

@ThatVeryHooniz,@vikista, @Nrde, @JaneyW, @JWGaming & @emmtom

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Sorry there is no news on this at the moment, but I understand it is being discussed as a long term aim, likely in the same scope as some other formats

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Patrick, thanks for responding, and this is great news that it's being considered. Would you also happen to know if normal map will also be considered as a feature? I know there are workarounds to creating normal maps, but a tool like the old Nvidia plugin for Photoshop would be wonderful to also have!

Thanks again :)

• Staff
22 minutes ago, kopperdrake said:

Would you also happen to know if normal map will also be considered as a feature?

Since we added the ability to edit normal maps we have had a number of customers ask to be able to create them, but again I have no information on that sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...