You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashes during copying & paste

SageBlue

Hi Team,

Letting you know Affinity Designer crashes almost constantly when copying & pasting layers from one document to another. This is on iPadOS Public beta 6. I copy from 1 document to another, and change layers from there. Tried Paste Inside to no avail. I rebooted the iPad Pro this morning and no go.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

• Staff

We're aware of a crash when attempting to Paste Symbol layers, but apart from that normal objects should be ok. If it is not symbols that you're trying to paste would you be able to share a copy of the document and a quick note as to which objects you're trying to copy and paste?

Thanks

Hi Sean,

I tried uploading the document, as well as zipped, and it keeps failing in Safari. Rebooted the iPad Pro doesn’t help either. I get the error code -200. 50% - 75% gets uploaded then fails. Emptied Safari’s website data to no avail. Happy to help if there is a way around it?

I actually am copying and pasting vector geometry layers and text, and part of the problem seems to be some fx layers I got rid, but shouldn’t have to delete them. 

I’ve uploaded the document and video showing what I do. Sorry, not fx layers, but Adjustments layers are the ones I deleted to enable me to copy & paste into another document.

• Staff

Thanks for your file. I can confirm that your file does consist of a Symbol object (the Robotech text frame) so it is running into the bug I mentioned. It is visible in your video and has an orange bar in the Layers Studio.
If you go to the Symbols Studio you will see the symbol object in there. If you long press it you will get the option to delete the symbol. This will remove it Symbol status from the object and allow you to copy it without hitting the crash.