You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problem with AFFINITY software

thank you for your answer but I am not competent enough to solve the problem on my own I bought a product and it does not work so like any after-sales service you have to provide troubleshooting - currently when I open affinity I have a black screen and nothing happens
thank you

1 hour ago, benjack said:

thank you for your answer but I am not competent enough to solve the problem on my own I bought a product and it does not work so like any after-sales service you have to provide troubleshooting - currently when I open affinity I have a black screen and nothing happens
thank you

Please check my link above and see whether you have any of the applications installed (e.g. Duet Display). I can't look at your machine and do that for you.

What happens when you click on the Create button in the bottom right? It should open a new document with the size you have selected. OR you can just double-click on the document size you have selected.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

35 minutes ago, benjack said:

now i have nothing left it's just a black screen so i can't use software i paid for?
thank you for helping me find a solution
cdt
jjb.

This sounds like you have some software installed on your system which is breaking the rendering of the UI. I've seen this before with Duet Display.

Try starting the application with the --no-hw-ui command line parameter to see if this solves the problem.

58 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

This sounds like you have some software installed on your system which is breaking the rendering of the UI. I've seen this before with Duet Display.

Try starting the application with the --no-hw-ui command line parameter to see if this solves the problem.

Qt FTW :D

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com

• Staff

Hi @benjack,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, unfortunately as this was originally posted into the bugs section of the forums, our QA team had to re-assign the 'ticket' to the Technical support team and this has caused a slightly longer response time for this post, my apologies.

Please do try the above suggestions recommended by Mark and let us know how this goes, as we're happy to help resolving this issue for you.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

7 minutes ago, benjack said:

I don't know how to start the command parameter

Please see: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-add-a-command-line-parameter-to-a-windows-shortcut

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

That looks correct benjack

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

HW spec (or name/model of your computer) ? OS and update version ? Drivers? does affinity need some version of redistribute (c++)? exporting dxdiag? screenshot of your running apps from system tray or windows task manager -> processes?

In system tray if some app is there from motherboard, sound card, ssd drive or something try to exit/quit/close all you can

01-HiddenIcons-5c66a73a46e0fb0001befaa2.

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com

1 hour ago, benjack said:

if by chance we do not manage to solve the problem, I ask for a refund for the purchase of the software
thank you
jjb

Returns and Refunds

What is your returns policy?

We want you to be 100% satisfied with your Affinity purchase. If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund. Please email affinityreturns@serif.com with your name, order number and reason for returning the item to begin the process. If you are returning a physical item a returns label will be emailed to you for printing. If you do not have access to a printer, a physical label can be despatched to you upon request. After receipt of the return at Serif, a refund will be authorised within 2-3 days.

Please note – postage and packaging charges for returns of physical items are your responsibility. We strongly recommend you ask for a proof of postage in case the parcel goes missing on its way back to us, as we won’t be able to process your refund until we receive the item.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

18 minutes ago, Jowday said:

If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within a 14 day period after receipt of your product to receive a full refund.

The OP has been using the product for more than a year, so it’s much too late for that!

Alfred spacer.png

here is the screen print request in addition I made a screen print of affinity when I opened the black screen application and this is what I see
I also have WINDOWS 10 64 with the latest version, an nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card with the latest driver version
thank you

Sans titre-1.jpg

Sans titre-2.jpg

Thank you for the screenshots. Please also tell us your system specs, otherwise there is little chance of identifying the cause of the problem.

Alfred spacer.png