You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatches - revert to defaults

I was busy creating swatches from a colour palette in a style guide and realised as I finished that I'd added them to the "greys". It's not the end of the world, and I've since added the colours to their own palette... but I would quite like to be able to get back to the default for Greys (I've now put the newly created set in its own area). I can't find any "restore defaults" option or any way of deleting a swatch from a palette. Does anyone know?

Alison

Alison

Serif user since the mid-1990s. Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo all at 1.8.5.703. Windows 10. 

17 minutes ago, ajpeck123 said:

I can't find any "restore defaults" option

I think this will do it, but if it works it will reset all your swatches to the content they had when you first installed (including deleting any swatches that you have added):

image.png.d16c8a7298b7a4646e50094316556a6b.png

To simply delete an individual swatch from a pallette, right-click on it and choose Delete Fill:

image.png.baf894c7a2e03263c15c40d9978b68b0.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Great - thanks. 🙂 I'd already exported my custom palettes (the correct ones) to import onto my laptop ready for when working away from home, so I should be OK. I'd rather have to recreate the dozen or so colours I may be missing than have to live with the mess I've currently got (I tried creating a palette from the document, and ended up with a lot of duplicates... or so they seem to the naked eye, anyway). I'd looked in Preferences and Colours... didn't think of Miscellaneous.

Alison

Serif user since the mid-1990s. Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo all at 1.8.5.703. Windows 10.