You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have never heard of Photobashing so I had to look it up here. It looks to me as a combination of various techniques. I would guess that all of these would be implementable in Affinity Photo. You need to rephrase your question into how you implement specific techniques in AP rather than a blanket  request.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Sorry, I didn’t mean to be so vague. Photo bashing was a term I heard during a tutorial I’m taking for Procreate. Photo bashing can’t be performed in that software so the tutor brought the file into PS to do it. Basically, after bringing in the file from Procreate, he brought in other files in of lizards and such with textures he wanted to use. He’d cut out pieces, lower the opacity, change the gamma correction and exposure, warp the piece to fit the area, then finally soft erase unneeded parts. Back to my original question. Does Affinity Photo have this capability, and if so, is there a tutorial I can learn it from?

Affinity Photo ist great for compositing. You might want to check out the Affinity Photo Workbook where there's a project dealing with the required techniques. During the Affinity lockdown sessions, Joseph Christina made an interesting compositing tutorial. Also, there used to be a commented speedrun on Neil Ladkin's work "The Visit". The tutorial was included in the Affinity Review issue #2 which is unfortunately not available anymore. Maybe someone has it and can give it to you. The video should also be accessible here, but at least on my end, I get a "Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here" error.

Don't forget that there's also Affinity Photo's Welcome Screen. It holds different samples that you can download and open to get a feel for how certain images were created. Especially take a look at Jean-Charles Debroize's work "Rabbit Trick" to see what's possible.

Edit: There's another tutorial from the lockdown sessions dealing with compositing: Creating a fantasy composite in Affinity Photo with Affinity Revolution