You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 9/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Flaggmakesart said:

getting thin white lines when i divide shapes

This is an aliasing issue, discussed many times on forums.

Why divide this rectangle?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Notes,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Would you mind providing a copy of your Affinity file so we can look into this further and offer our best advice for your document?

As mentioned above, we can likely resolve this issue with the new anti-aliasing controls in the Blend Ranges dialog - but I can confirm this for you by seeing your .afdesign file.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 2/22/2021 at 5:52 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @Notes,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Would you mind providing a copy of your Affinity file so we can look into this further and offer our best advice for your document?

As mentioned above, we can likely resolve this issue with the new anti-aliasing controls in the Blend Ranges dialog - but I can confirm this for you by seeing your .afdesign file.

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi Dan C,

I apologize for the late reply. In the attachment is the file.

Outline.afdesign

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response and many thanks for your file!

I can confirm this is a known bug within Affinity and is with our developers to be fixed - I will 'bump' this report with your file now.

You can however workaround this issue by changing the Anti-alias setting within Affinity. Please select the layers in your document and navigate to Blend Ranges at the top of the Layers Studio.

In the dialog that opens, change Anti-alias from 'Inherit' to 'Force Off' and then close this dialog - you should now find that the colour does not extend past the outer edges of the vector object.

image.png

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!