You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC Profile for Pixma Pro-100 - ART PAPER

Are any other Mac AD users printed on any thick art papers (eg. 250gms -115lb) using a pixma pro-100?

I have been getting faded results using the default settings. (CMYK Colour profile U.S Web Coated (SWOP)v2 )
I hate to write this but there is an ICC Canon list when using PS (aahh it burns).
Maybe there is there is another one in the selection menu that I could select to have best results other than the default one?
Testing each one will clearly empty my ink cartridges so asking may safe me tons of time and costs.  

Fingers crossed,

Did you already tried some of these paper related ICC-Profiles (?):

File version: 1.0.0

Release date: 09 March 2020

This is the ICC profiles supporting other Fine Art Paper exclusive for the PRO-100S series.

Installation instructions

Mac: Copy the ICC profiles to the ‘Profiles’ folder located in Finder / Go / Computer / [Your HD] / Library / ColorSync.

PRO-100/PRO-100S Photo papers <--link

The tables below contain a list of popular photo papers which have been tested and approved to use with Canon printers as well as their media type and paper tray settings. The ICC Profiles for these papers are included in the download packs.

Media Type

In the Media Type section, select either the paper name for Canon’s photo papers or paper type for other papers (i.e. Other Glossy Paper, Other Fine Art Paper or Canvas). The correct Media Type setting for each approved paper is indicated in a table of supported papers for your printer as well as in the manual included in the ICC Profiles Pack.

Colour management

Choose correct ICC profile
1. Set Colour Mode to ‘Use ICC Profile’
2. Set Printer Profile to ‘Auto’ for Canon papers or select the installed ICC profile from the list that matches your chosen paper.
3. Choose preferred Rendering Intent. ‘Perceptual’ is recommended for best possible screen to print colour matching.

Paper sources

Depending on paper type, weight and thickness, the paper should be loaded into the automatic top/rear tray or the manual feeder. You will find the correct settings in a table of supported papers for your printer as well as in the manual included in the ICC Profiles Pack.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2