The damn Pen Tool.

It's because of the Pen Tool, that I've never managed to create anything in Illustrator.

The Shape Tool in Xara is my best friend. I can draw anything and everything with it.

Strange as it sounds, I can use the Pen Tool in Affinity.

I've already done a drawing and posted it on this Forum.

Now, I can't compare how the Affinity Pen Tool differs from Illustrator's?

It may not differ at all?

All I know is, that I got on with it, almost immediately.

Weird eh?!

Affinity Designer Pen Tool is closer to Xara's Shape Tool than Illustrator's Pen Tool. Illustrator's Pen Tool is way more complex and less friendly.

All those years with DrawPlus and I never used that tool...D'oh!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I actually find the pen tool harder to use in Designer. I can't even figure out how to delete a point (hovering over the point and clicking the point with the minus pen doesn't delete it, I think it deletes one of the handles?) Been playing with it, but still can't figure it out. :(

With a point selected, just press the Delete key :)  To select a point, just click it :)

Is there any way to delete a single bezier handle on a point? ...so I can adjust the curve on one side of the line while leaving the other one straight.

Is there any way to delete a single bezier handle on a point? ...so I can adjust the curve on one side of the line while leaving the other one straight.

Yep, hold the alt key while dragging the node or segment you want to adjust and the segments either side of it will be unaffected.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Work: Intel i7-6700, NVIDIA Quadro K1200 and Intel HD 530, Windows 10   |   Home: Intel Q6600, NVIDIA GTX950, Windows 10

Hi dbendixen,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Press ⌥ (option/alt) and click on the control handle to delete it with the Node tool.

If you are using the Pen tool, press and hold ⌘ (cmd) - to change temporarily to the Node tool - while performing ⌥ (option/alt) and click to delete the control handle.