You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Simone,

it should still work fine please could you try opening the app with the CTRL key held down? Then when the Reset menu appears hit Select All and then Clear.

This will reset the app to defaults which should solve your issue.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 year later...

This happened me too, and when I changed between Photo and Publisher mode, I realized that I had a small marquee selection, which made it impossible to use the copy (ctrl while dragging) outside the marquee. Maye same for you? If you simply resave the project, that marquee disappears (I think) and thereby enables the normal ctrl+drag functionality.

Hope this helps someone.

/Mattias

15 minutes ago, Bisonium said:

I realized that I had a small marquee selection, which made it impossible to use the copy (ctrl while dragging) outside the marquee. 

If you hit Ctrl + D (or choose "Deselect" from the "Select" Menu) that should remove the marquee selection. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Hi Simone!

Are you talking about Power Duplicating? If you interrupt the process (e.g. to create a new document), respective you deselect the curve or shape you are duplicating, it will be stopped and you will have to start it again by duplicating the object.

41 minutes ago, Bisonium said:

Yes off course, but if you're not aware of that marquee being there, and that selected area is small and not noticed, you might not realize that it is the reason why ctrl-drag does not work all of a sudden. It was just a tip.  :)

Yes, pixel-selections can sometimes be tricky. Especially if they are small or invisible. You should always be aware that you can only work inside a selection if you have one. No matter if it's visible or not. So if something doesn't work (like e.g. painting or retouching), a hidden selection could be the reason. That's a classic, at least in image editing. I really often almost suffered in my early days of image editing, because I had forgotten that I had a hidden selection in my document and now nothing worked. And it is even more tricky in Publisher, because Publisher itself doesn't offer pixel-selections, but the Photo Persona does. I'm not sure if it even makes sense that the pixel-selections one creates in the Photo Persona are still active in the Publisher and the Designer Persona.