You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone,

I am new to Affinity Photo and photo editing in general and I have a crucial problem. The preview of my edits that AP shows does not fit the exported files. Just for reference my screen is colour calibrated using a SpyderX and is able to achieve 100% sRGB.  Looking in Windows -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Bit depth I see the value 8 bit. 

Now when I look at the edited photo in AP (before exporting) I can clearly see shades of gray on the top left lamp, but when I look at it through DigiKam's ShowPhoto (which I read it is colour managed) I am losing all the gray detail in the top left lamp. I have exported to PNG 16bit (as I was working in sRGB 16 bit in AP) with the attached settings. The even weirder problem is that if I open the exported PNG in AP I see the exact same image as the preview. 

As far I know, the only profile that should be anything but sRGB/Adobe RGB/ProPhoto is the display one (which is found under Windows -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties ->  Colour Management -> Colour Management) that should be generated by a colour calibration tool such as SpyderX/i1Display/etc.

Please let me know what do I get wrong as it drives me nuts that the export does not match the edit!

Thank you for your time and stay safe!

Capture.PNG

DSCF2205.png

DSCF2205.afphoto