You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An option to key in the coordinates of an Object's Origin Point on the Transform Panel without moving the entire Object.

Hello,

I would like to suggest a feature that allows for users to optionally key in the coordinates an Object's Origin Point on the Transform Panel without having the entire Object move.

The behaviour of the Origin Point on the Transform Panel is that it would move the entire Object to the new coordinates. That in itself is not a bad feature. It is meant to do that and I understand why and it has a lot of use cases. However, currently, because it moves the entire Object, it would require users to take a couple more steps just to position the Origin of the Object with precision to the area we would want it to be in.

The current workaround for me is I would first create a Square, then key in the position of the Square center of the Square using the Transform Panel to the position I want. Then, I select my Object and drag the Origin Point of said Object to the Square's Center while Snapping is enabled.

That in itself is a few steps already. I would appreciate it if an option is available for users to key in the coordinates of an Object without having it moving the entire thing if they want to. I am not suggesting to remove the current setup, just an additional feature added to the current one.

Thank you for reading.