You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hue Editor Adjustment/Tool needed

Please, add commonly used "Hue Editor" tool, which allows curved control over changes in hue, saturation and lightness separately (this is important).

You can see it in action in PhotoLine editor, for example.
It is also commonly used in video processing software (Blender Compositor, Nuke, etc)

2020-08-30_08-36-08.png

On 8/31/2020 at 11:03 AM, fde101 said:

Seems that what you are asking for is to add an HSL/HSB mode to the Curves adjustment?

Maybe that should be added to Levels and Channel Mixer as well while they are at it...

Kind of, but this is common control, so imho better to stick with "industry standarts"
This tool is really invaluable and simply cannot be replaced with other means (easily)

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/compositing/types/color/hue_correct.html
https://taukeke.com/2014/09/huecorrect-nuke/

In PhotoLine there is even a switch between color modes (LAB/RGB/HSV/HSI) - which is extremenly usefull too. HSV too limited and has bad behaviour with some color-light combos

My PhotoLine demo version expired months ago and I decided for now not to buy since it didn't really click with me...  that said, in looking at this further, minus available documentation that would help to explain the tool and the opportunity to play with it given the expired demo, and the docs pointed to here aren't particularly clear either, but I suspect his is implementing something more like the "Hue vs." curves in Resolve?

Playing with the one in Blender seems to bear that out, so yes, that would certainly be a useful addition, though it would be a shame to stop with "Hue vs." and not add the others ("Sat vs.", etc.).