You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize multiple selected frames to same w/h values

On a sheet I have 6 picture frame boxes that are all slightly different, irregular sizes and I want to transform them *all* to a single value, say, 3cm by 3cm.

I can select the boxes all with the Move Tool and change the values for width/height to 3cm in the Transform panel, but this affects the collection of frames as a single entity, not the individual frames.

I noticed there is an option in the toolbar to "Transform Objects Separately" but with this option enabled I can drag the size of a frame and have the other previously selected frames scale proportionally, but I still can't get all frames to 3cm by 3cm with a single action.

I looked at Styles but didn't see a way to get Styles to apply box dimensions.

My questions: is there a way to resize multiple objects to a single w/h value? And is there an "Object Style" feature to store this for future use in the document?

Thanks for any insights,

Patrick

affinity-publisher-transform-multiple.jpg

AFAI recall (I don't have/use Publisher) it's not possible that way to size equalize all of them at once if they have initially different sizes. If Publisher would support Designer's Symbols feature, this could maybe handled via a picture frame as a reused symbol. - However, I don't know if the Designer Persona from inside of Publisher (as far as one has a copy of Designer too) would maybe support to handle picture frames as symbols then (so to say interoperational) or not. - So somebody else who has both apps may can tell you better here, if that would offer to reuse Publisher objects as symbols too then via reusing Designer's symbols feature.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 8/29/2020 at 11:01 PM, Patrick Gilmour said:

My questions: is there a way to resize multiple objects to a single w/h value?

1. Select all picture frames
2. On context toolbar, click properties box and select None then Done
3. File > Place any image which is sized at 3cm x 3cm
4. Reselect all picture frames
5. On the context toolbar click the "Size frame to content" button

On 8/29/2020 at 11:01 PM, Patrick Gilmour said:

And is there an "Object Style" feature to store this for future use in the document?

I don't think so but if you have APhoto you can create a macro to do the above and run that from within Publisher

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.