You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.4 - Constant crashes when adding/moving Studio panes

nwhit

Just installing a new copy of the Affinity Store APhoto 1.8.4, and needing to re-setup my workspace (sure wich these could be saved!!!!). About every 3rd pane/panel I try to add to the left side, or move to the left side, I get a crash to desktop. Thought I remember this was a reported bug in the beta testing, but can't locate that thread right now. Making it VERY slow to get my new workspace up and running! 

3 crash reports attached.

Archive.zip

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Discovered the main panel that caused a crash was the Assets panel. I deleted that pref and that allowed me to open a new, blank Assets panel.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

• Staff

Hi @nwhit,

On 8/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, nwhit said:

I deleted that pref and that allowed me to open a new, blank Assets panel.

I'm afraid it's a bit too late now to see what's going on. We would have liked to have the assets file to see why it was crashing :(. 

If it happens again, the assets file is "assets.propcol" in %appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\ . Rename it and attach it here and we can have a look. 

Thanks, Gabe. I can't remember if I copied the assets.propcol from my MAS version or from my beta version, so I have attached both in a zipped folder. I had copied all the user files/prefs, then after opening the app and discovering that I had lost my workspace, began to recreate it. When I started to add panels to the left side, that's when I got CTDs with some panels. The assets one could not be added, crashing each time I tried to add it. Thus I deleted the pref and it worked to add a new, blank panel.

I can't really recall if I was actually using any assets in Photo. I know I have been in Publisher, but only for minor things until that feature got ironed out a bit in the last couple versions. May have to try using it more now in both apps, assuming things are working well with it.

Thanks for checking on this. Just so darned pleased that I now have EC working in a release version! Kind of a minor thing, but I do use it for clients routinely, plus I'm attempting to move from Mojave to Catalina, thus need to rely on my old CS5 apps from within a Parallels Sierra virtual volume, which works but isn't ideal. 

Assets prefs to Serif.zip

--------------------

iPad Air 2022