You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet input offset on High Precision

When I'm on High Input mode using my Wacom One, the input is off the cursor by several pixels. This is jarring and affects my workflow and is causing a lot of setback. Any way to correct / calibrate this? I've already updated drivers and calibrated my wacom numerous times.

9 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

@belltype Sounds to me like you haven't calibrated your pen. Go to Wacom Tablet Properties -> Pro Pen -> Photo -> Calibrate -> Calibrate... and you will be able to fix the cursor after following the instructions..

I have. I figured out the issue was due to a dual monitor setup, which really sucks, because it's one of the reasons why I wanted to get the wacom one aside from more direct hand-eye coordination. Although it would behoove the Affinity team to look into this. It works fine on main monitor, just not multiple.

17 minutes ago, belltype said:

I have. I figured out the issue was due to a dual monitor setup, which really sucks, because it's one of the reasons why I wanted to get the wacom one aside from more direct hand-eye coordination. Although it would behoove the Affinity team to look into this. It works fine on main monitor, just not multiple.

All right! At least it's good you figured out what was causing it.

I actually use a Cintiq as a dual monitor and I don't experience this problem for some reason. Calibrating the pen solved the problem for me at least when I began using Affinity.

13 hours ago, belltype said:

What Wacom are you using?

On 8/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, Frozen Death Knight said:

All right! At least it's good you figured out what was causing it.

I actually use a Cintiq as a dual monitor and I don't experience this problem for some reason. Calibrating the pen solved the problem for me at least when I began using Affinity.

Problem is, the driver won't calibrate the pen.

Going to Low Precision helps, but means I'll have to use the stabilizer to smooth my lines. At that rate. I might as well use a non-screen tablet.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. See attached Video.

The problem is that the pen tip 'jumps' a few pixels to the left as soon as the pen touches down to draw a line.

I have two tablets, a Wacom Intuos Pro M and a XP-Pen Star G640. Interestingly, this happens only with the Wacom, not with the XP-Pen. And also not with the mouse. Also, it is only with 'High Precision input mode'. Not with 'Low Precision'. The displacement is independent of how much the picture is zoomed in. It seems to be a fixed amount of screen pixels.

This is not a serious problem since I can switch to 'Low Precision' to solve the problem. But I wonder what high precision would do? I got the impression the pen strokes are a little bit smoother.

I am using Windows 10 and Affinity Photo 1.8.5. All tablet drivers are up-to-date.