You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hidden Artboard (Designer > Publisher > Designer)

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

They are not hidden; they are converted to Pages. Each artboard becomes one page, and you can navigate between the pages using the page navigator on the lower left, or using the Pages studio panel. That conversion is a one-way process. If you take the file back to Designer you will still have pages, not artboards.

And, upon returning the file to Designer, if you want to navigate between pages you use the page navigator on the lower left: image.png.8eb8ac6f997d627cb9c7e0fcbf3e4ef0.png

If you don't want that behavior, choose No when asked if you want to convert them to spreads; then they will remain artboards within Publisher.

I'm not sure what you mean by "they're still there if you export as PDF". If you've converted to Spreads when opening in Publisher, and you then Export as PDF, the PDF contains pages not artboards. However, if you open a PDF in Designer each page of the PDF always becomes an artboard. But, for me, those artboards are named Page 1, Page 2, etc., and not Artboard1, Artboard2, etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes. I mean the artboards are hidden in Designer.

DESIGNER

1. create artboards
  2. File > Edit in Publisher...

PUBLISHER

1. convert artboards to spreads > Yes

DESIGNER

1. missing artboards/pages
  2. export to pdf > pages are present

18 minutes ago, p382c said:

Never noticed this in designer before

It's only present when your document contains pages instead of artboards.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, prophet said:

Or, and this might be crazy, convert pages back into artboards?

If you want to have Artboards, then when you Open the .afdesign file in Publisher, just tell it not to convert the Artboards to Spreads. Then when you transfer the file back to Designer you'll still have the Artboards you want.

-- Walt
PC: