You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I wish to produce a table that includes cells with text and images in them, and wrap the text around the images. This means the following:

• One cell has text and an image inside it (the image is inside the table's cell in addition to the text)
  • The text inside the cell wraps around the image inside the cell
  • Repeat this process for other cells

Is this possible, and if so, by what means?

There could be a number of ways to do what you want but each method would depend on exactly what you need to do.
Can you give us a visual example of the sort of thing you want to do?
Also, can you give a bit more information about what you want to do with the tables and images once you have them?
And, how often will you want to do this? (Is it a one-off or will you need to do it a lot?)

• 2 months later...

I also want to do this, exactly as the original poster described.  I am making game cards, and I have a table designed to fit exactly on a printed sheet of paper.  Inside each cell is some text, and inside some (most) of the cells are also images that relate to the text.  I want the text to wrap around the images.  How do I do this?

Which application are you using? Publisher has Text Wrap available. It works by selecting the picture/graphic and clicking on the Text Wrap icon in the Toolbar.

196735868_ScreenShot2020-11-26at6_37_28AM.png.0ceb5b47ec6c6edfc1f7a7331ce50a62.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I’ve never tried this particular thing myself until now but, after a little test, it does seem that the text in a table cell does not flow around floating pinned images when the Text Wrap has been set for the image, see attached image which shows a similar thing to yours.
I don’t know whether this is expected behaviour or not. Maybe I’m just not doing it right.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 100131.png

On 11/25/2020 at 6:16 PM, tzulah said:

Inside each cell is some text, and inside some (most) of the cells are also images that relate to the text.  I want the text to wrap around the images.  How do I do this?

As far as I am aware Text Wrapping has never worked in table cells with images

Try doing what you want with the Pinning options, either Inline or Float

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 years later...

I'm picking it up as it ends here and I am working on the same issue with a table that has both text and images inside the table. This is only once in a while occuring but it doesn't seem to work, no matter how I try.

Has the AP2 any solution to this or is it still not possible. It's a pity and I think it's a basic function that really should work.

Hit me with a solution please.