You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm trying to use a Zyexl NAS540 network RAID for my work files - some are quite large. The RAID and Affinity don't work so well together. When saving Affinity files (large files) - Folders mounted from the NAS540 often drop off of the desktop - using either AFPhoto and AFDesigner. I don't seem to have that issue with Adobe saves - Photoshop or illustrator.

Today I received the message that the file could not be saved - see attachment.

Thanks for your attention to this. Feel free to contact me. glacy@mac.com - I'm not on the forums that often.

George Lacy

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.54.25 PM.png

I'm accessing the NAS with AFP.

I'll see if there is something on the NAS Dashboard where I can make changes. I don't recall seeing anything previously.

I switched my Mac network connection to SMB and Affinity and the NAS seem to work better together. ??? The SBM causes a lot of NAS drive activity however..

I've only had an issue with Affinity apps. Adobe has not been a problem saving files with AFP.

I'll see if there is an adjustment I can find for AFP. Seriously, I have no idea which protocol is better.

Thank you.