You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ressource manager does not update well linked artboards from Designer

Hi, I order to present some design project exported in pdf for customers, I generally import/link some selected artboard from various Designer files into Publisher (i'm doing that a lot with the late CS suite). This way any modifications during the projet process is updated accordingly. Not sure if such isssue has been mention.

However I had to redo this procedure a lot because links in publisher did not work as expected and had al lot of troubles to update them when designer files were modified. They did not update all the times, specially when you change document more than once. I should mention that the page where I import such artboards are mainly empty image bloc on one master page and text bloc on another master page, applied both to all page of the documents.

Steps to reproduce the issue, see attached png to illustrate the layer panel (blurred for NDA):
Mac osx 10.13.6 / MacPro 3,1 / Publisher 1.8.4

1. Importing a specific (or multiple) artboard from designer into a publisher file, with master page A and B are applied to the page — OK
  2. in Designer, updating the project (ex. changing a simple line of text) — OK
  3. Reopening the Publisher file and get the alert from Ressource Manager — OK  /  The layer panel show the same state — OK
  4. Using the Ressource Manager, I clic on update the link — ISSUE
    The update seems to work but look likes it transform the link into an embedded image, then unable to update or reimport the designer link, worse, it look likes the publisher document gets corrupted, specially when you have multiple page with multiple art board imported from various designer document.
  5. Alternatively I tried to drag and drop again the same designer artboard from the finder to the same page/frame and it does not replace it, it duplicate the layer and embed it , the other one cannot be embedded, and the the publisher file gets somehow corrupted as I cannot delete this new embedded layer and the linked is not updated

Quite annoying, because then I had to recreate the page every time I updated the designer file during this process...

Thank's in advance for your feedback

01-Imported_designer_doc_in_publisher_linked_document_in_page_1__master_A-B_applied_.png

03-Updating_the_designer_doc_and_returning_to_publisher-alert-3.png

04-Updating_the_designer_doc_and_returning_to_publisher-layers-2.png

05-Before_updating_in_Ressource_manager-2.png

06-Result_After_updating_the_linked_doc_in_Ressource_manager-2.png

07-Result_After_reimporting_the_udpated_linked_doc-3.png

• 1 month later...