You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font ligatures for devanagari script

Tatiane

Hello 

I am having problems withe the font ligature in the Affinity Designer and Publisher.

The program recognizes the Google fonts or Open Type fonts but it does not make the ligature properly.

The file test.png was done with affinity designer. The tattvabodhah1 was done with online program Photopea. You can see the elements in the word are not put together in the image test.png (2nd down below).

We are a institution for Vedanta and Sanskrit. We need to use devanagari fonts to our brochures and press material.

Can you please help me to find a solution for that? We have acquired all the 3 Affinity programs.

Thanks for the help. 

tattvabodhah1.thumb.png.7f1bd785cf5bc3f094a4e5135c52700b.png

test.thumb.png.d9480d81e652d6f555315382d5578b47.png

• Staff

Hi Tatiane,

Unfortunately these fonts use features that are not current supported by Affinity, which is why you're getting the results you are.

This is something we've passed on to development to be looked into however. I will get your comments passed on.

• Staff
Just now, Tatiane said:

Ok. I understand that. 

But my problem is happening on windows 10 platform. Not MacOS.

Please let me know if there is any possible solution for that.

Thanks again. 

The issue is not due to the platform - Affinity for Mac and Windows both use the same back-end code. It is a feature that is not currently supported by Affinity's text engine so unfortunately there is no current solution.

• 3 years later...