You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot paste colour values into Colour Studio

Hi team,

Letting you know the current Affinity Designer on IPadOS 14 public beta 5 produces issues when changing colours by inputting hex. You cannot press the cross in the circle to empty the text box either.

Hope this helps.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

• Staff

Hi SageBlue,

Do you mind getting a screen recording showing the results you're getting please? It is also worth noting that the cross in a circle isn't a 'clear' button - it is actually a reset, so will reset the value to what it was before you had changed it.

Hi Sean,

Ah ok, good to know the difference. 

The video attached shows copying a colour from my colour picker, as I’m not aware Affinity Designer (iPad) supports importing colour palettes.

Then switching to Affinity Designer’s colour picker, you need to implement Scribble for the Apple Pencil. I cannot use Scribble yet, such as deleting a character or all of the hex. Or to paste a colour. Can you paste the colour you’ve copied? It doesn’t look like it unfortunately.

Thanks 

• Staff
13 hours ago, SageBlue said:

Hi Sean,

Ah ok, good to know the difference. 

The video attached shows copying a colour from my colour picker, as I’m not aware Affinity Designer (iPad) supports importing colour palettes.

Then switching to Affinity Designer’s colour picker, you need to implement Scribble for the Apple Pencil. I cannot use Scribble yet, such as deleting a character or all of the hex. Or to paste a colour. Can you paste the colour you’ve copied? It doesn’t look like it unfortunately.

Thanks 

IMG_1407.MOV

I don't believe this is a bug, more of an improvement. Those 'calculator' style input boxes are not normal text input boxes so Scribble will not work, and copy/paste in them is not possible. Unfortunately you'll have to remember the values and manually type them in.

9 hours ago, Sean P said:

I don't believe this is a bug, more of an improvement. Those 'calculator' style input boxes are not normal text input boxes so Scribble will not work, and copy/paste in them is not possible. Unfortunately you'll have to remember the values and manually type them in.

Thanks Sean,

I mean’t this as a help if anything for supporting iPadOS 14. Things to look out for if it helps and possibly haven’t seen it already. 

Have a good weekend mate.

Actually Sean, can you include the ability to import colour palettes? I’ve voted a long time ago, and thought I’d bring it up again. Thanks and take care 🙂