You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it all right to create a free to use brush package that have some brushes that are already packaged into Affinity?

• Staff

Hi @Frozen Death Knight - apologies for the delays here!

I've had confirmation that the team required to approve this are hoping to go over it on Monday and should let me know shortly - many thanks for your continued patience :D

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

I've been given a positive response from our creative team, with the go ahead to release this pack to the public, with the following caveats:

• We only give our permission for these to be distributed on our forum
  • Please provide credit for these brushes that are taken from our in-app brushes set, most of which have been created for us by DAUB Brushes (Paolo Limoncelli)

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

On 9/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, Dan C said:

I've been given a positive response from our creative team, with the go ahead to release this pack to the public, with the following caveats:

• We only give our permission for these to be distributed on our forum
  • Please provide credit for these brushes that are taken from our in-app brushes set, most of which have been created for us by DAUB Brushes (Paolo Limoncelli)

I hope this helps :)

Okay, thanks for the heads up! Currently in the middle of studying for a course in programming, but I will post the brush pack eventually with these criteria as requested. Hopefully some time this weekend.

Thanks again for taking the time to help with this! I appreciate it. ^-^

Btw, when I give credit, would this comment be all right with you?

"This brush pack has been approved and endorsed by the original owners of the brushes I picked out from their hand tailored collections. Credit for these brushes go to the Serif team behind the Affinity Suite and Paolo Limoncelli who created the DAUB Brushes. Thanks for your support!"

If you have any comments about something I should change with the bold text above, just give me a message and I'll change it for the final post. ^^

• Staff

No problem at all, more than happy to help - especially when it's to better the Affinity community :D 

15 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Btw, when I give credit, would this comment be all right with you?

"This brush pack has been approved and endorsed by the original owners of the brushes I picked out from their hand tailored collections. Credit for these brushes go to the Serif team behind the Affinity Suite and Paolo Limoncelli who created the DAUB Brushes. Thanks for your support!"

I can't see any issue with this, but I'll double check it with our team. If there is any adjustments required, I'll let you know, otherwise this is fine to use. Thanks for checking with us first!