You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.5 Designer hangs on creation of workspace

Jack W

I am on a fairly underpowered machine, but Designer has worked for me in the past. I just updated to 1.8.5 from 1.8.4 and the application opens fine, and I can choose a canvas for a new document, and it opens. Once the document opens nothing works but the cursor. I have tried keyboard whortcuts and clicking on every icon and hotspot.  There is no response from Affinity at all. It was working fine as 1.8.4 15 minutes before I updated it. 

I had very few addons: a couple of brush packs and several fonts/assets but that was it. I can't even take a screen shot. It's like it's not there, but it is stuck on my screen. 

Edited by Jack W
uploading screen capture

I used the most-recent version of RevoUninstaller to completely uninstall the retail and beta versions which allowed me to delete all registry entries and leftover files (1.2 GB each version). Then, I reinstalled the retail version and it seems to be working now.