You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For reasons passing understanding, this was the only forum in which I could create a post; that's weird all by itself.

Is there a place where changelogs are consistently posted? I went  to this page but the links supposed to changelogs only took me back to the same place.

I'm appreciative that Serif update the software frequently, but would like to actually see what they do.

C

20 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

Is there a place where changelogs are consistently posted? I went  to this page but the links supposed to changelogs only took me back to the same place.

The last post of that topic will always have the links to the latest release announcements. E.g., this post from that topic has the links to the 1.8.5 releases of Photo, Designer, and Publisher for Windows. In turn, each of those posts (such as this one for Designer) contains the Release Notes for that release/application/OS, as well as links to the Release Notes for the earlier releases. E.g., from that Designer post:

Changes in this Build

The changes in Affinity Designer for Windows 1.8.5 (over the last release Affinity Designer for Windows 1.8.4) are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Fixed many tablet input problems (by reverting the default input method to be Low Precision mode, the same as in 1.8.3). 
  • Added tablet input preference (in Tools section) to opt-in to High Precision mode, or Windows Ink mode
    (NOTE: previous command line options --legacy-wintab and --disable-wintab are now ignored).
  • Fixed cursor disappearing following keyboard shortcuts that display dialogs, while using a brush tool.

Earlier changes and fixes in 1.8 since 1.7 (including the new 1.8 features) are listed in some detail in the 1.8.0 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 update announcements.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Clayton King :)

23 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

For reasons passing understanding, this was the only forum in which I could create a post; that's weird all by itself.

That's certainly strange, I was able to sign in under your account here through our Admin panel (we don't have access to passwords, it just logs me in as your user) and I was able to post in the Questions section without issue - 

I'll delete this post shortly, but in the meantime I've asked for our web team to look into the issue!

25 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

Thanks for letting us know, it appears as though the placeholders didn't have links added now and they should now resolve to the correct threads. You can also find these listed in the News and Information section of the forums, linked below -

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/4-news-and-information/

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)