You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

running AP 1.8.4, but AP still does not recognize any lens profile for LX 100 M2. I added "Leica DMC-LX100 & compatible" to my favourites in order to quickly apply a suitable profile manually. In Develop Assistent  I also set Lens Profile Default to "last used". This helps some way.

I'm not sure that "Leica DMC-LX100 & compatible" yields the best possible adjustment. So what is the current state with LX100M2?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-23 um 15.01.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-23 um 15.02.35.png

I cannot give advice about your problem Haffinity, but I want to add that with the latest version of affinity, the auto lens detect function no longer works correctly for me either. It could be because the metadata isn’t being read correctly.  I am using a Canon 6D markii and a Canon 100-400mm ii.  The Metadata reads correct camera, but wrong lens (Tamron lens 100-400mm). Exact same file in Rawtherapee (another editing program) has all the correct info in metadata.  Interestingly, if I make a panorama using files with my canon camera and lens,  strangely the metadata is read correctly as Canon 100-400mm lens for the panorama. I don’t know that this problem existed until this latest update although I don’t always look at the metadata either. 

51 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Haffinity,

I can confirm this isn't currently working for the LX 100 M2 and i'll need to get this logged with Dev. 

@pickjare Do you have a sample RAW file you could provide and i can get logged as well :) 

I attach a Raw and the corresponding jpeg-File developed by the camera. After that I overlayed camera's jpeg with the results of APs develop (exported as jpeg). I used

1. Apple's Core Image Raw: Shows almost same lens correction as correction by camera
  2. Serif Engine with Leica DMC-LX100 Lens Correction

I also append result of Serif Engine without Lens Correction exported as jpeg to prove, that lens correction is needed. 

P1001528.JPG

P1001528Apple-jpeg.jpg

P1001528Serif-jpeg.jpg

P1001528SerifwithoutLensCorrection.jpg

P1001528.RW2

• 5 months later...

Now running AP 1.9.0 and the new version also does not recognize any lens profile for LX 100 M2.

What is the problem with LX 100? 

I am still expecting that Lens Correction of the Serif Engine should be as good as Apple's Core Image Raw.

Are there any draw backs if I generally switch via assistant to Apple's Core Image Raw? Less functionality, poorer performance?

2140648755_Screenshot2021-02-06101306.thumb.png.808ff29a8ab18b9f0e4611580bd680a7.pngEvery photo I edit in affinity has metadata incorrect in my situation.  As an example, in this photo I used a Canon 6D mark II (which affinity understood), a Canon 1.4x teleconverter III, and a Canon 100-400 II.  Affinity always labels the lens used as  a Tamron 100-400.  I seem to remember Affinity doing same thing without the teleconverter being used as well.  My particular camera and lens are at the latest update version from Canon.  My affinity version is the latest too as of today.  No change to the false metadata and I do not know if this error would improve the perspective of my photos or not. In addition, when I go to the perspective tab, sometimes the corners of image are completely black and I have to uncheck "remove lens vignette." In this case, I did not have to do that. Seems 1 out of 25 pictures I edit will pull up with black corners in develop persona. My images are always raw format. I still love affinity products though--have them all--just wonder if images would be ever so slightly better if affinity new what lens was really used.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:07 PM, Haffinity said:

I'm not sure that "Leica DMC-LX100 & compatible" yields the best possible adjustment. So what is the current state with LX100M2?

It's the same lens but a bit of a pain for it not to be selected automatically

Anyway, the solution is to cheat. I have taken the profile from https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/blob/master/data/db/compact-panasonic.xml

and modified it to include the MK2

Download the attached xml and install it into the Photo Lens Profile folder

Do Edit\Preferences\General and there's a button near the bottom. Restart the program and it'll work

To Serif @stokerg I've uploaded a few of these and I think they just get lost in the noise of the forum. What about creating an area where they can be easily accesed until the new database comes along?

PannCheat.jpg

DC-LX100M2.xml

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

@David in Яuislip:
Thank you very much for your hint and even more for attaching the adapted xml file. Now the lens is automaticly recognized as expected. After reading your reply, I also rediscovered the tutorial video. I had watched it months ago, but I couldn't "translate" it for my problem then. Only now I understand the procedure.

I admit that it is difficult to present the existing diverse documentation on AP in a way that can be easily found and understood by people like me.

@Haffinity  Glad it's working for you. It's not quite right as my old Mk 1 nows shows the Mk2 lens in the Develop persona but the Metadata seems correct for both
There is no lens information because there is none in the file

exiftool -*lens* P1001528.RW2 shows
Conversion Lens    : Off
Lens Attached      : Yes
Lens Type Make     : 0

Probably not surprising as it is a fixed lens

PannMetadata.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10