You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images look desaturated on export from affinity photo

Hi guys,

I'm at a loss. To confirm I run Spyder to colour manage my display and I have read the display calibration spotlight before writing this. However, when I export images from Affinity the colours come out wrong. See the attachement.

I have included my export settings.

Afinity colour management.png

Afinity export settings.png

• Staff

Hi @stephen2020, Windows Photos is not colour managed so you may notice slight differences for sRGB colour space images—the difference you're seeing is more dramatic though. I noticed on your export settings dialog that the ICC Profile option is empty, which is strange as it should default to "Use document profile". Could you perhaps try and set this option then re-export and check again? Failing that, also try setting it to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and exporting.

Also, you may want to try previewing your images in a colour managed application—I'm not up to date with Windows solutions nowadays but you may want to try Irfanview (which I believe has optional colour management you can enable) or perhaps a web browser like Firefox which should colour manage with profile-tagged images by default.

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

James Ritson beat me as I was just doing this....

The photo in APhoto has an sRGB profile, the other two programs don't use it, neither does Chrome, I didn't know about Firefox and it looks like I need to update Irfanview

NonColourManaged.jpg

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10