You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open affinity email photos

Hello gar722,

From what I understand from your (brief) description is that you want to open an image directly from some e-mail application shown in your browser.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

My best guess at this moment is that you should save images send to you by e-mail to a folder (directory) first and than open that image with Affiniy Photo using the menu option File, Open, ....

Images in e-mail applications can either be inline or 'attached' to an e-mail message as an 'attachment' . Inline images can (depending on your e-mail application) saved by right clicking on the image and selecting 'Save image as' in the context menu.  Attachments can almost always be saved by some donwload button (also depending on your e-mail application).

Hope this helps. 

Thank you so much for your reply.

Here is exact issue.

I've loaded affinity pictures into dropbox and shared them by email. When the email is opened all files are shown. When you click on a photo in the file, nothing happens.

Dropbox support says that the issue is with the affinity ext. I sent the same folder to myself, and nothing happens when I click on a file.

Hope this is a better explanation.

Best Regards,

Gar

4 hours ago, gar722 said:

I've loaded affinity pictures

What do you mean by "affinity pictures"? Can you tell us a complete file name, with extension?

Can you show us a screenshot of the Dropbox page you've mentioned? (At least the portion that shows the files.) Also, what browser are you using?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Also, if the above hasn't helped: If you have a file that you can share publicly, it would help if you sent it via Dropbox as you have been doing, and give us the link here, so we can see your problem directly.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Just now, gar722 said:

Hi,

Yes it is the .afphoto files.

When I add a title to a .jpg picture  it ends up as an .afphoto file. What do I need to do different?

Open a picture (Affinity file, JPEG, TIFF, PNG whatever type) Make your edits now go to the Export Persona or go to the File > Export ... menu item. Choose the JPEG format if that is what most of your friends/colleagues use. I understand that it is frustrating that we cannot just save a JPEG as a JPEG after editing it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

The other isssue could be that if you have set Affinity phot0 as your jpeg default application, it will show in the listing as an affinity photo file

image.png.110a217b3ff9712dee0995ab61a4beac.png

If you have show file estensions checked you can see they are jpg files

image.png.29c2672d71be2aa228b635d591c9eac1.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

28 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I understand that it is frustrating that we cannot just save a JPEG as a JPEG after editing it.

Affinity Photo will let you Save a JPG, as long as you overwrite the original file, and agree to Save it flattened. (I wouldn't do that, as I don't like losing my original work, but it's possible, if that's what one really wants.)

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Old Bruce said:

Open a picture (Affinity file, JPEG, TIFF, PNG whatever type) Make your edits now go to the Export Persona or go to the File > Export ... menu item. Choose the JPEG format if that is what most of your friends/colleagues use. I understand that it is frustrating that we cannot just save a JPEG as a JPEG after editing it.

Hi Old Bruce,

Your suggestion did work.

Thank you so much.

Stay safe & well,

G

On 8/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Old Bruce said:

I apologize for taking so long to get back.

9 minutes ago, gar722 said:

I apologize for taking so long to get back.

No problem, I figured that my advice was correct and you were busy working. [smiley face emoticon] Just happy to help.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.