You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

YOU ARE SHAME and I don't say anything else ...

On 8/21/2020 at 4:48 PM, RNKLN said:

It’s a shame indeed that Windows still isn’t capable of doing a good job in installing and removing software. 😉

This is neither a Windows issue, nor a Serif issue; Affinity products uninstall fine.  This is likely a third-party issue, such as something "cleaning" the installer folder when it should be left alone.  The application needs the msi installer intact so it knows what's installed and where before it updates or uninstalls itself.  If it's not, then you get the errors the OP posted in their screenshots (demonstrated below).

They will need to download & run the tool from the below link, follow the prompts for an 'uninstalling' issue, then uninstall the Affinity software:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Edit:
The tool in the above link is no longer available to download from 3 August 2020 due to it not being signed with a SHA-256 certificate (it was signed in 2015 with a SHA-1 cert).  However, Serif have a link in the FAQ section to a version of the "Microsoft Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool hosted on OneDrive:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98922-faq-installer-errors-setup-failed-installer-windows-ui-issues/&do=findComment&comment=541684

If the OneDrive link doesn't work, there's also a version here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/86975-program-install-uninstall-troubleshooter-windows.html

@amdi

I agree with @RNKLN. It's a general Windows problem.

But it can be made worse by users having 3rd-party tools installed. For example, some disk cleanup tools are over-zealous and delete data that really is needed (such as the original .msi installer files for programs that have been installed).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Did you install via Revo uninstaller so that it logged the install?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

This is typical of people using apps like "Free you RAM", "Unclutter you disk", "Speed up your computer", "Manage you Memory". and all those "magic apps" that, in the end, make you have to do a fresh install of Windows.

And Amdi.... this is your first post and I hope this is your last. Buona fortuna a te.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

This is indeed a Windows issue. When I want to remove a program, I have a lot of problems because Windows is refusing. What I do is restart again and when asked, agree with forcing a restart. After that I can remove the remaining files. Serif has nothing to do with your problem. You should turn to Microsoft.

I agree that your behaviour here is very rude and I wonder if you would talk face to face if you will say the same. If I where you, I would apologize for the very strong wording.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, Bad_Wolf said:

This is indeed a Windows issue. When I want to remove a program, I have a lot of problems because Windows is refusing. What I do is restart again and when asked, agree with forcing a restart. After that I can remove the remaining files. Serif has nothing to do with your problem. You should turn to Microsoft.

It's not.

When trying to update or uninstall Affinity software, the installer looks for the Affinity MSI installer database file located in the C:\Windows\Installer folder (I.E. C:\Windows\Installer\83225.msi).

If it can't find this file (for example, if something has deleted it), then it will try to find the original installer database file.  In Affinity's case, the original installer database file would have been extracted to a temporary location during the original installation (I.E. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\8c1170d2-f3c0-4caf-b5c8-5c8ec4804826\Affinity.msi).  After installation, it is deleted from this temporary location by the installer.

The dialogue you can see in the OP's screenshot when they try to uninstall it is saying just this:  It can't find the Affinity MSI installer database file located in the C:\Windows\Installer folder and it also can't find the original 'Affinity.msi' file (which it won't, because after installation it's deleted from that temporary location).  Although the dialogue gives a 'Browse' option, it is not possible to point the dialogue box to the msi (as it doesn't exist anymore) and it's also not possible to point it to the original downloaded file instead – as Affinity supply an exe file, not an msi file.

Therefore, the OP will need to run the Microsoft troubleshooter tool and follow the prompts for an 'uninstalling' issue; this will allow the application to be uninstalled.

An Italian (customer) makes an angry post. That is fine and wonderful. Expected! 😄 I miss Italy, Rome, Italians, temper, fun... Damn covid-19!

Not so much missing the sensitive reactions on an Internet forum. 👶🏽

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.