You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing fonts but font installed?

I got this message that a font is missing in the preflight. In font manager all shows OK so this is related to an imported PDF file. This imported PDF is a generated report and I have chosen a font that I already use in the document, but still it shows as missing?

Is the only way here to rastersize this? Would be great to just leave as is and when updated I wont need to do the process again.

AffinityPublisher_MissingFonts2.jpg

• Staff

Hi Vegard,

Could you attach the PDF file you are opening?

We can't read embedded fonts in the PDF file, so do rely on the fonts being named correctly, eg the missing font is showing as CentryGothic.bold and not just Century Gothic Bold.  That may have nothing to do with it but i'll be able to find out more when i've got the PDF :) 

What app was used to create the PDF?

Some apps create PDFs with the fonts named in a non-standard way with the comma (CenturyGothic,Bold) rather than the standard way with a dash (CenturyGothic-Bold).
This results in a mismatch.

Affinity apps need to automatically fix these bad names with the comma (which is what appears to happen in Adopey apps).

6 minutes ago, LibreTraining said:

What app was used to create the PDF?

Some apps create PDFs with the fonts named in a non-standard way with the comma (CenturyGothic,Bold) rather than the standard way with a dash (CenturyGothic-Bold).
This results in a mismatch.

Affinity apps need to automatically fix these bad names with the comma (which is what appears to happen in Adopey apps).

In this case it was KNX ETS.

Yeah would be great if Affinity could fix this cause I cant seem to find another way than rastersize right now, and thats not good or practical.

25 minutes ago, Vegard said:

Yeah would be great if Affinity could fix this cause I cant seem to find another way than rastersize right now, and thats not good or practical.

Yes, this is one of cases where Affinity can help users by fixing (working around) these bad PDFs.
And according to the Adobe tech docs, these PDFs are improperly constructed.
Affinity apps are expecting the PDFs to be created correctly.
Unfortunately quite a few apps create these.
I assume it is the PDF library they are using that results in the bad PDFs.

It is not Affinity's fault, but they get the blame.
Create some code to check/fix the bad PDFs and the issue goes away.
Happy users. 😁