JOUA

Nikon D7200 and D7100 colour

Could you please confirm that the colour rendering of the NEF files from a D7200 and D7100 camera is correct when opened in Affinity Photo.

I have made some RAW file avaialble in a DROP BOX for your inspection and confirmation. (Leigh has been very helpful and has all the detail.)

Hi JOUA

I still have the link to your files - thank you :)

I've just tested a D7100 RAW sample from rawsamples.ch and it seems to render correctly in Affinity Photo. However, your RAW images are rendering slightly different. Our developers have plans to improve the Develop Persona over time, but in the meantime I will pass your files to our developers to investigate further.

I would like to confirm that NEFs from the D7200 are rendered very differently in Affinity than in Photoshop.

Not only is the color balance very different, but they see to be very noisy.

I am shooting 14-bit NEFs, and I can provide samples if needed.

Hello. I can confirm that RAWs (NEFs) from Nikon D7100 are rendered also with some noticeable color shift.

Here is an example:

Dt_Aff_color_shift.png

Basics applied by software and then just highlights reconstruction applied by me.

I just downloaded the latest version (1.3.5), and it still has the Nikon D7200 NEF problem.

Here are two screenshots which illustrate the issue:

This is Affinity's development. All controls are set to "0":
Affinity_version.png

Here is Nikon's DNG Converter version - direct output (no processing):

DNG_Version.png

Note how much worse the color noise is in the Affinity version!

I don't want to be argumentative, but I don't think that Adobe's DNG converter does any noise reduction, either.

Regardless, something is not working right - for this particular image, there are no adjustments that I can find in Affinity that will make the final image look as good as the NEF->DNG->Photoshop CS5 version.

It almost appears that Affinity is throwing away low-order bits in the data.

Hello. Any progress with this issue please? I am not very happy to see thread is dead here.

I bought Affinity Photo 4 months ago and can't use it still with my camera.

I understand it's a new product and I will wait a little bit more but then I would like to return it because I can't use it.

Hello. Any progress with this issue please? I am not very happy to see thread is dead here.

I bought Affinity Photo 4 months ago and can't use it still with my camera.

I understand it's a new product and I will wait a little bit more but then I would like to return it because I can't use it.

Have you tried opening your RAW files in our latest beta build? It's now possible to select between our own RAW engine and Apple's Core Image RAW engine. Perhaps you'll get the results you're looking for by selecting Apple's Core Image RAW engine from the Develop Assistant.

If you're still having color shift issues, please send me a link to your RAW files via PM and I will see what I can find out.