You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I get my Activation code

After purchasing my Affinity Photo,    It is asking me for unlock code.    I do NOT see anyplace where I can get that code.    It was not sent to my Email.

So after purchasing it,    where can I get this code to complete the transaction.    I have problem noticing things,  so I'm sure it's staring me in the face,

but I just cannot find it.

Do I get it from the Affinity Pro application?    Do I get it from the web site?     Where do I go?     Please tell me I don't have to wait a week before I can

get answers.

Thanx

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 10.57.11 AM.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you have purchased Photo, where did you purchase it? From the Serif Affinity Store, or the Mac App Store, or the Microsoft Store?

If you didn't get the registration key then it's possible you purchased from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store. For either of those stores you would not have a registration key, as the purchase is tied directly to your Apple or Microsoft IDs. You only get a registration key if you purchased directly from Serif.

If you did not purchase from Serif, I think you'll simply uninstall the trial version you currently have, and install (and run) the program from the Store where you purchased it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

By the way,   I have NOT gotten any email from you guys.  I purchased it from the Affinity Photo app.   And went through the steps.   It asked me to create an account.

which I did,     then had to join this forum so I can ask this very dumb and horribly obvious question that didn't make it into the FAQ (Tsk Tsk) one would think that others might

be having this problem as well.

PLEASE call me back (WhatsApp,  Signal,   or Telegram ). +1 818-640-5290

Thanx

OK,   I found a page titled "Download and keys" page....    but it doesn't give me anything.    So where can I get this key so I can use the program.

I'm VERY frustrated that you people make it so difficult to use the App and finally decide to purchase it.    WTF?

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 11.19.50 AM.png

I would advise removing your telephone number, as posting it here is basically sharing it with the world.

Have you checked your Spam folder? If you've used a gmail.com address, for example, it is quite likely that Gmail put the email into Spam. Or, if it's not there, and you're using mail.google.com to retrieve your mail (or a mobile device with the Gmail application) it might have ended up in your Inbox, but in the Promotions tab.

Another possibility, since you seem to have purchased from Serif, is that your purchase did not actually work. It has proven to be difficult for some users (especially in Europe) to make purchases from the Affinity Store using their credit cards, due to securty processing that fails.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Just now, jdcrunchman said:

What is a "a Serif Plus range product"?  I couldn't find any info on it.    Is this something I should pay attention to?

It's a legacy product range. Those products are no longer being sold.

-- Walt
PC:

By the way, note that it's after business hours for the Serif team at this point, as they're located in England. There are probably some working late, but you may not get an answer from them before tomorrow morning, UK time.

-- Walt
PC:

I've already checked the SPAM folder,   and I'm not worried about publishing my number...  there are many places to find it,   plus I don't respond to POTS (plain old telephone service)

calls,   and accept calls from those apps I listed above.   

Can I call you on the phone now?

John

Just now, jdcrunchman said:

Can I call you on the phone now?

Me? No. You could send a Personal Message via the forums, but I can't offer anything more than I've offered here.

And probably you can't reach Serif by phone, either, as they're all working from home during the pandemic. You could email affinity@serif.com, but I don't know if that will get any faster response than you'll get here.

-- Walt
PC:

Damn - I just purchased this product.    And now you can't help me get my product key,    What kind of an

operation do you have over there.   And why haven't I even got an email confirmation.   You are quick to

debit my account,  and very slow in delivering my goods.   Normally when I purchase software,  they

email a confirmation....   I don't have said confirmation.

I tried calling on the phone,    nobody was there to take my call.

PLEASE HELP ME - I have to start on this project tonight,  and now I can't even start.   I don't know

who's fault it is but for me,   this happens all the time.    I know you are working from home,  and have

a cell phone,  as well as possibly using WhatsApp,  Signal,  or Telegram.   And can just call me.

PLEASE check this purchase I did about an hour ago.

John

4 minutes ago, jdcrunchman said:

I just purchased this product.    And now you can't help me get my product key,    What kind of an

operation do you have over there.   And why haven't I even got an email confirmation.   You are quick to

debit my account,  and very slow in delivering my goods. 

I can't help you (I'm just a user); but Serif will be able to. Again, though, it is after business hours, and I have no idea when they may be able to respond to your problem.

If you didn't get an email (and especially because your Account at the Store doesn't show a purchase) it's most likely that the purchase didn't actually complete successfully, and that in a few days when your bank realizes that they will release the money.

-- Walt
PC:

18 minutes ago, jdcrunchman said:

I have to start on this project tonight,  and now I can't even start. 

You should be able to work on your project tonight. You showed a screenshot from the Trial version that says you have 25 days left. So just click the "Continue Trial" button and you can keep working.

-- Walt
PC: