You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.4 - AD crashes when i open .afdesign or try to create a new one

Hi There!

My Designer can't create nor open .afdesign files anymore.
I only get 'no response' the whole Client gets slow until Win10 asks me to close AD due to no response.

If i don't open/create anything AD behaves normal.

Never had these issues before. I am working on a Surface Laptop 3 16GB, i7.

EDIT:
So i played around a little bit:
Restarting my notebook
Resetting AD
Uninstalling AD
Installing AD 1.8.3

Can't edit or create files anymore...

• Staff

Hi @Hatrantator

Could you attach a couple of your latest crash reports that correspond to the crashes you're getting above please? See this article below on where to find them:

@Elvio Moura
Your document appears to be crashing due to igd10umd64.dll. This is part of Intel's Graphics drivers. So I would suggest you reinstall/update to the latest drivers available for your machine. To see if that helps

If that doesn't work could you go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and change Render to WARP. This should allow you to be able to open a document and continue using the app. However this is software rendering so will not be as quick.

17 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi @Hatrantator

Could you attach a couple of your latest crash reports that correspond to the crashes you're getting above please? See this article below on where to find them:

@Elvio Moura
Your document appears to be crashing due to igd10umd64.dll. This is part of Intel's Graphics drivers. So I would suggest you reinstall/update to the latest drivers available for your machine. To see if that helps

If that doesn't work could you go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and change Render to WARP. This should allow you to be able to open a document and continue using the app. However this is software rendering so will not be as quick.

Sorry, i can't attach anything.
I've got no Dumpfiles in that Directory. Probably due to resetting the Application (selected all, didn't read all the checkboxes).
I shutted down my Notebook and when i came home and tried to check for the Dumpfiles, i tried opening an .afdesign and everthing worked fine (altough i am back to 1.8.3 again).

If i find the time, i will update to 1.8.4 again and send you the Dumpfiles.

I just wanted to mention that, originally, i installed 1.8.4 on Monday and on Tuesday everything seemed fine.

Sooooooooooo...

Affinity Designer does the same again. WARP is chosen.
Trying to open something (doesn't matter the file as clicking 'File > Open' is already too much to handle for AD) and AD hangs.

AD still doesn't produce any Dumpfiles. AD just hangs with the 'Not responding'-Message from Windows.

• Staff
25 minutes ago, Hatrantator said:

Sooooooooooo...

Affinity Designer does the same again. WARP is chosen.
Trying to open something (doesn't matter the file as clicking 'File > Open' is already too much to handle for AD) and AD hangs.

AD still doesn't produce any Dumpfiles. AD just hangs with the 'Not responding'-Message from Windows.

Ahh if its hanging then unfortunately there won't be any dump files in the folder. In that case can after it has hung can you go to Task Manager find the Affinity Designer Process, right click it and select 'Create Dump File'. Once it has finished it will give you the location of that file - could you attach that to the location below please?
https://www.dropbox.com/request/Wk9P2FkRnpm3NKvsXneG