You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forum @Noaidi

No, there is no button like there is in illustrator but if you break the four corners of the box you can adjust the phase of the dashed line to get something like this...

image.png.21b82211c9ab51a50aa29d88e9087b32.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:14 PM, Noaidi said:

Well, that's disappointing. Thank you for answering my question.

This drives me mad, as it is such a basic need designwise to have a stroke's dashes (or dots) align to the corners of its shape! I hate to say it, but to me it's just either bad code/programming or it's just not caring about what designers need to make good design when this appears to not having been thought about. Seems like you’ve been able to do it in Illustrator and InDesign since the Middle Ages and this feature just has to come to Affinity Designer and Publisher ASAP!

• 3 months later...

Really need this function... I thought i can use Affinity later and have just tried the trial version today. But this Problem with the Corner ist just disappointing. And actually someone has raised this Problem in the forum before years... Will this function be added soon? I wanna know, is there even a plan on it? I think, only with that can I really decide if I should buy the Designer... 

Welcome to the forums @YU 5

Serif generally don’t tell us their plans for introducing changes and new functionality, for very reasonable reasons.
If you want to know what might be coming in future versions then you can follow the appropriate beta thread: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-beta-software-forums/
If something is not in the next beta then it will probably not be in the next retail version.

• 6 months later...