You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was working on an Affinity Photo project in the Digital Photo magazine (Tssue 232) and came across a problem. They give you 4 files to download, which I did successfully, you are supposed to open the portrait image, then copy it (CTR+C (in Windows)), then open the frame image, open it then paste the portrait image (CTR+V) into it, BUT when I did this it pasted, but as a very small image at the top left corner. I have tried this several times with the same result The files are on <link removed>. I will try to find the individual files on my computer nd forward them to yo if you cannot access them from the given site,

Because I had this problem, I consulted the Affinity Photo Work Book and tried to download the files for "Snowqueen" [p366] and ran into a problem that seems to have been discussed in the forum some time ago i.e. there is only the finished result in the download!

@Merok1 Can I ask you to remove the link as it probably contravenes copyright. 

The files you want are on the disc in the Start files folder and in the sub folder Affinity Photo - Wet Plate 

• wet_plate_1.jpg (Portrait)
  • wet_plate_2.jpg (texture overlay - blend mode set to maybe linear light)
  • wet_plate_3.psd (wet plate border) - this just needs fitting to the edges
  • wet_plate_4.jpg (looks like a sepia tone overlay when blend mode is set to colour)

From the folder you can simply drag and drop the files into the portrait image.

image.png.7cce16f216d36559db88130edbff7024.png

Result is...
image.png.4d29d539b3d83fcafcc7389696081148.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...

You may find you can resize the portrait image to fit the wet plate frame

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions