You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello 

I am trying to print a booklet of 16 page A5 onto A4 landscape.  I have a art  graphics printer that has duplex function.  Despite my best efforts I am unable to print my booklet correctly.  When I use  the dialog box for printing with Affinity Publisher to print the booklet 

•  booklet selected
  •  double sided selected 
  • Short side selected for binding 

Duplex printing has worked for the booklet,  but  the rear pages  print upside down 

Please can you help solve this as I am printing a forest of paper and wasting  ink and of course my time in trying to solve this. 

I look forward to hearing from the forum with a solution 

Thank you 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

Hi @LadyFH,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please can you follow the link that Psenda has provided above and check through the suggestions regarding booklet documents. Has your document been setup in the correct way as per the information here?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello dear helpers 

Thank you for your advise.  I have now sorted the issue.  I watched the help video for printing different documents and this time I managed to print my booklet without any issues.  Not sure where I went wrong with the previous attempts, but thankful that I have sorted it.

Regards MF 

• 8 months later...
On 8/18/2020 at 1:45 AM, Dan C said:

Hi @LadyFH,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Please can you follow the link that Psenda has provided above and check through the suggestions regarding booklet documents. Has your document been setup in the correct way as per the information here?

Many thanks in advance :)

This document does not help me fix this issue.

1. From the File menu, select Print.
  2. From the dialog, set your Paper Size, e.g. A4.
  3. In the Print Options pop-up menu, select Document Layout.
  4. From the Model pop-up menu, select 'Booklet'. This instructs the print process to impose the pages.
  5. In the Print Options pop-up menu, select Layout.
  6. From the Two-Sided pop-up menu*, choose 'Short-Edge Binding'.
  7. Click Print.

(Doesn't work)

• Staff

Hi @slaytex,

Sorry to hear you're heaving trouble!

When you say the above steps don't work, what happens please? Do you see an error message and your document simply fails to print?

Does the document print, but content is missing? Or is it not printing in the expected order for a booklet?

How is your document setup please? (ie how many pages are there, is facing pages enabled, does the doc start on the left or right hand page?)

The more information you can provide regarding your document and the current print results, the easier it will be to assist here. Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!