You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys,

since I wasn't able to figure out if there's a thread about this, but for me scrolling through pages in Affinity Publisher takes ages –
not performance wise but rather the sensitivity of the scrolling seems very off compared to anywhere else in the app.

Has anyone else noticed this and gets bothered by it? Especially while working with documents that have a large numbers of pages
I tend to broaden the panel so I can see more than a single column of pages, but that's not very convenient because the page in the
workspace gets to small.

Is there a tweak or workaround for this matter?

An option in the burger-menu of the page panel to adjust the scroll speed for that panel would be nice.
Or maybe adjust the scroll speed in the panel so it doesn't require two full spins to get to the next page?

Cheers and have a great day!
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

41 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

Has anyone else noticed this and gets bothered by it? Especially while working with documents that have a large numbers of pages
I tend to broaden the panel so I can see more than a single column of pages, but that's not very convenient because the page in the
workspace gets to small.

Hi @MrDoodlezz,

I just checked with a 400+ page document with mainly text in it and can confirm a rather slow scroll speed in the pages panel. But only if page size is set to medium or large. With small page icons scroll speed is noticable more responsive. The drawback is that it is hard to tell anything about the page's content.

I've been working on shorter documents recently maybe that is the reason that I didn't get bothered too much.
Also it helps to grap the scroll bar at the right side of the pages overview and drag that. It behaves much better.

Still, I support your request to improve (or at least to look into) mouse wheel navigation in the pages panel.

d..

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Moin @dominik,

thanks for confirming! 👍

43 minutes ago, dominik said:

With small page icons scroll speed is noticable more responsive. The drawback is that it is hard to tell anything about the page's content.

Oh, you're right! Didn't consider changing the icon size – but yeah, small icons are small indeed.

45 minutes ago, dominik said:

Also it helps to grap the scroll bar at the right side of the pages overview

Yeah, I'm using it sporadically as well, though when it comes to efficiency and intuitivity scrolling is the way to go I think.
It's one click less (because every click counts! 😄) and comes naturally. Also – if configured right – it's quit accurate.

For now I guess I'll tinker with my mouse driver, maybe I can set up a behaviour specifically for Affinity Publisher.

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

2 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

For now I guess I'll tinker with my mouse driver, maybe I can set up a behaviour specifically for Affinity Publisher.

Also note, using Page Down (and Page Up) jumps with a reasonalbe speed at any icon size. But it requires you to first click on a page icon. Not too fast either if every click counts 😉

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil