You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GraphicConverter is pretty good as an universal graphic app(viewer/editor/converter), sadly Mac only.
IrfanView can be called Windows version of GraphicConverter. but no Affinity support...

Closest cross platform alternative is XnView, I guess it's already mentioned.

12 hours ago, ashf said:

GraphicConverter is pretty good as an universal graphic app

I'm sure I used GraphicConverter years ago but back then it would only work with bitmap files - does it now let you view and catalog other stuff?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

There are always some good tools one is over years used to and can't live without, on Win I always need TotalCommander + IrfanView, on Macs CommanderOne + GC, the editors I use on both Sublime Text, Vim & Emacs. - GC is very good app in general for Macs, it's something among those things of apps one usually installs first on any fresh MacOS system.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

50 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

on Win I always need TotalCommander + IrfanView

For me TotalCommander (in Startup folder) and FastStone Image Viewer. 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, ashf said:

Closest cross platform alternative is XnView, I guess it's already mentioned.

+1 XnView is outstanding (and free).

For showing/previewing Affinity files the option "Show all graphic formats" should be checked (Tools → Settings... → General)

For previewing PDF and Illustrator files, Ghostscript needs to be installed.

Besides image, XnView can preview and play video and audio files.

Also, in "Tools > Open With" you can set multiple external editors, which can be triggered through the menu or shortcuts (Alt+1...Alt+9).

image.png.e2a145f9434042325db23226d67671b4.png

• 4 months later...

I really love using Affinity Photo coming from Adobe PhotoShop without their monthly fee, which is a rip off. I have been using Adobe Bridge for years now and It works as a browse, but I hope Affinity will create something like Adobe Bridge so we can preview Affinity files something like Adobe Bridge once we edit the images. It doesn't have to be a full software like Lightroom, but something to preview the Affinity files would be nice. Keep up the great work guys, I look forward in what is next around the corner.

10 minutes ago, maddox-nola said:

I really love using Affinity Photo coming from Adobe PhotoShop without their monthly fee, which is a rip off. I have been using Adobe Bridge for years now and It works as a browse, but I hope Affinity will create something like Adobe Bridge so we can preview Affinity files something like Adobe Bridge once we edit the images. It doesn't have to be a full software like Lightroom, but something to preview the Affinity files would be nice. Keep up the great work guys, I look forward in what is next around the corner.

I use Raw Power for my Bridge replacement. It ties in nicely with Affinity. It is able to feed images to Affinity just like Bridge feeds images into PS. The only wrinkle is that Raw Power is for Macs. I don't think that there is a Windows version.

Here is a liink:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/raw-power/id1157116444?mt=12 

• 5 months later...

Having spent hours trying different Adobe Bridge alternatives: e.g. ...EaglePixave - now vaporware, Neofinder ($40)- very close, but, oddly, doesn't auto-update catalogs, though w/more expensive 'Business' version ($150 for 2 seats), one can set to update on schedule (by days or weeks;-)
The clear 'hands down' winner is.....: (drumroll)...... (cymbal splash)......::::::::

XnView   (Mac, Windows, Linux)

As 'cadudesun' says above, 
PC users:  "For showing/previewing Affinity files the option "Show all graphic formats" should be checked (Tools → Settings... → General)
Mac users:  "For showing/previewing Affinity files the option "Show all graphic formats" should be checked (XnView Preferences  → General)

PS.  Also shows Affinity Publisher files. :))
PPS.  It's FREEWARE - be sure to donate if you can.  ;-)
PPPS.  Like all of us here.....: can't wait to see the Affinity Bridge!!!! 

2 minutes ago, alex_blanc said:

Having spent hours trying different Adobe Bridge alternatives: e.g. ...EaglePixave - now vaporware, Neofinder ($40)- very close, but, oddly, doesn't auto-update catalogs, though w/more expensive 'Business' version ($150 for 2 seats), one can set to update on schedule (by days or weeks;-)
The clear 'hands down' winner is.....: (drumroll)...... (cymbal splash)......::::::::

XnView   (Mac, Windows, Linux)

As 'cadudesun' says above, 
PC users:  "For showing/previewing Affinity files the option "Show all graphic formats" should be checked (Tools → Settings... → General)
Mac users:  "For showing/previewing Affinity files the option "Show all graphic formats" should be checked (XnView Preferences  → General)

PS.  Also shows Affinity Publisher files. :))
PPS.  It's FREEWARE - be sure to donate if you can.  ;-)
PPPS.  Like all of us here.....: can't wait to see the Affinity Bridge!!!! 

With all respect to Affinity, I really love to work with Affinity tools, but I don't use it to import my raw files.
The coversion and options are far of what is should be. Therefore I also do not see somthing like bridge.

Afffinity is miles behind Raw convertors, like Capture One, DXO, Nikon Studio NX and Adobe Light-room / Bridge
I've the complete suite from Affinity since the early stages, but also complained a long time ago about incorrect Raw and color conversions.
I even ruïns colours. I sent in some examples including the raw files, but never got feedback.
Until today, any image like those are still not working. 
If you compare the Raw conversion with Capture One, DXO, Nikon Studio NX and Adobe Light-room / Bridge, than you know what I mean.
My suggestion would be to first start with some Raw convertor like found in Adobe Photoschop before building a tool like bridge or even better like capture one or Lightroom.

I worked with DXO, Capute one and Light room.
Lightroom & bridge are real hassles wrt file management. Sending a file in Brigde to Affinity not really promoted, In lightroom file management is a hassle and both are serious slow in performance compared to DXO and C1. 
DXO has an excellent raw convertor and noise reduction, but all works witu U points. That's fine, but once in Capture one, adjustments and opions for selection, masking, layers etc are all possible, the tool is super fast and editing in Affinity works perfect. I t converts to tiff opens Affinity and you can edit in Affimity.
Tiff layers are stored again in C1 and you can contine in C1. Want to edit again in Affinity, no problem, edit the tiff again and edits will be incooporated.
This interactions works perfect and is comparable to the Adobe Light room- photoshop integration.
Ok, C1 is not cheap, but you get a professional tool which is also in Ipad now and which has excelent thetering for studio work.
For me this is an golden combination C1 and Affinity and I have to see if Affinity is able to get on that level. I think, also because the raw editor is not even touched since years, Affinity has no interest in this. But as said, there is a good working combination and I left the idea that Affimity will get such.

13 hours ago, WMax70 said:

With all respect to Affinity, I really love to work with Affinity tools, but I don't use it to import my raw files.
The coversion and options are far of what is should be. Therefore I also do not see somthing like bridge.

If I correctly understood the meaning of the request for an alternative to Bridge, it is not primarily about RAW files developping, but about DAM functionality (see "... but really need a way to view all the great projects that I have created.").

Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

33 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

If I correctly understood the meaning of the request for an alternative to Bridge, it is not primarily about RAW files developping, but about DAM functionality (see "... but really need a way to view all the great projects that I have created.").

Well, 
C1 is a DAM tool, just like LR and Bridge. They are not for free. But these DAM tools also provide the Raw convertor.
If a DAM tool comes to Affinity, then a good Raw convertor is also needed, there Affinity lacks.

A photo DAM tools is not just for storage, but also for consistent WB, quick editing, colours, cropping etc.
Therefore I referred to it.

10 hours ago, WMax70 said:

A photo DAM tools is not just for storage, but also for consistent WB, quick editing, colours, cropping etc.

But none of this is explicitly requested by the OP - not even the development of RAW files. The OP needs a DAM to manage, organize, and view Affinity files, which Serif can build (and once worked on) even without perfect RAW development.

3 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

But none of this is explicitly requested by the OP - not even the development of RAW files. The OP needs a DAM to manage, organize, and view Affinity files, which Serif can build (and once worked on) even without perfect RAW development.

Ok... If that is all than I stay off. I do not see a need here for myself for such. Maybe others do.
I would at least not spent money for this since I do not know why I should not use Bridge or alternatives which are free for use and add probably add more value.
For Bridge, just open a free "trial" account at Adobe, download and install Bridge and close your account again before you have to pay.
Bridge does not request for a paid account, only a login account to Adobe. Bridge can be updated w/o the need of a paid license. It's still free for use.
The functions bridge offer are however are quite the same like Lightroom.  It works great but you need to assign the file extentions in Windows or Mac to the right apps. (Which is a one time hassle and not as flexible)

As said, there are already so many out there, that Affinity should add real added value before I would switch. That's not limited to a DAM for me.
Since I also need (multi file) RAW edit, selections, cropping, tethering, lens corrections etc. I would not use the Affimity just for DAM, it might even slow down my edit process.
And time is money...

i understand the frustration with the lack of a photo manager. Thankfully Adobe Bridge does exactly what I need including adding tags and star ratings. It is probably best left well alone unless Serif produces an equivalent system that links with all the Affinity programs.

i note some of the comments about being able to find and manage Affinity Files. I normally keep all Editing files in an EDITS Folder. Because these files have no image search i create a jpg with a similar File Name in the same folder it works for me.

• 1 month later...

In an ideal world it would be great having a centralised file viewer that could save all xmp files holding changes made to RAW files from various products I.e. Affinity, DXOlab, NX Studio. Well this is what I would like but the best tools I can use for viewing are Adobe Bridge or XNVIEW MP. The latter is what I use now as it's fast and free for personal use. Plus it will display affinity files. Without paying a fortune for photo viewer XNVIEW MP is by far the best. All others including paid software will not view affinity files and are extremely slow unless you want to edit in them.

Adobe bridge you can download and install as long as you register an account. What I don't like is that Adobe Creative Cloud is installed and bridge is managed and maintained through this service. Bridge requires you to be logged into your account to use the app which I don't like as it means I cannot use Bridge offline.

In most cases I view my library in xnview mp and then edit via external editor through xnview depending on which raw editor I need. 

Dxolabs does not support some of my cheaper nikon lenses so I will use nikon nx studio. These two are best raw editors for NEF files, well for me that is. Affinity is also good but prefer dxolab and nx studio as my first but with Affinity 2.0 the non destructive raw editing is slowly moving up.

A bit long but I hope my use of these apps will help you choose the right tools for your work flow.