Broicher

Brush Cursor is smaller than actual brush effect

Does anybody see that effect as well?

If I use a soft brush then the brush cursor shows me a circle of the size that I set for the brush, but the brush effect reaches outside of that circle. This is driving me crazy! I cannot rely on what I see when I am working with such a brush, I always have to zoom in and redo the brush drawing in the areas where I do not want it.

I attached a small visualization of what I mean. You can see a 400px soft brush effect (painted a black "spot" on a white canvas). Since the screen capture unfortunately did not capture the mouse cursor, I drew it back in in black.

Is this a bug or a "feature"?

Cheers

Frank

post-13761-0-22937500-1439792928_thumb.jpg

You probably did not set "hardness" (next to size flow etc) to 100% and as a result of that the brush fades out...

If the hardness is 100% it fits, but if the hardness is 0% then it is not within the circle which messes up my work. I mean what is the problem with calculating the circle correctly or - vice versa - calculating the effect (is it a 2d gaussian?), so that the effect ends at the borders of the circle?

I worked with GIMP many years and it definitely shows brushes differently, the effect ends at the boundaries of the circle that represents the brush.

Hi Broicher, I can see where you are coming from here, even though they are very light, the brush is still manipulating the pixels so it would be nice to see where the very edge of the brush actually is. I have logged this issue

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Broicher, I can see where you are coming from here, even though they are very light, the brush is still manipulating the pixels so it would be nice to see where the very edge of the brush actually is. I have logged this issue

Thank you very much!!!!