You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Floating" Workspace where spreads are - can I lock it down?

Building a poetry/photo book. 

I have severe tremors.
Now, when I have a spread on the black "workspace" using the Mac Mouse, my spread is constantly 
moved from side to side on the black "workspace" and I have to realign the spread back into the center of the "workspace".

Is there a way to "lock down" the spread in the workspace to stop this problem caused by my tremors?

• Staff

Hi @CleanLivin,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

This is a core function that Affinity uses from Mac OS and unfortunately I don't believe it's possible to disable this functionality currently - either in Affinity or within Mac OS settings (without using the Console to disable it outright), my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I have a degenerative neuromuscular disease, so the tremors are just a part of it.
It seems to me as a past software developer on the SGI/Cray Super Computers it would
be an easy feature to add for "Handicapped" folks and certainly beneficial to those like myself.

Very impressed with your Publisher and after I get this first of two books done, by September, I'll take a look at Photo.

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this and I certainly can see this would be a helpful feature for users such as yourself. I'll move this thread to the Feedback section of our forums and log this as an improvement with our developers.

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Very kind of you!
Will be appreciated by others I am sure.
I think many that enter the last stages of their lives will wish to provide some record of 
there having been here, as I do. Thus a market one may not be considering in the marketing 
of your product.

Edited by CleanLivin

On 8/16/2020 at 3:47 PM, CleanLivin said:

Now, when I have a spread on the black "workspace" using the Mac Mouse, my spread is constantly 
moved from side to side on the black "workspace" 

Now I do not have tremors and the same happens when I use Apple's flat mouse that has touch sensitive upper part. I propose you try normal mouse.