You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS lens correction?

Today I used my Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS lens with my a7 III and the raw images when opened in Affinity look like the attached screenshot. The same images in my other software (FastRawViewer, iMatch and DxO Photolab) show normally without the crop.

I've used the lens before and this didn't happen in Affinity. Could I have missed another setting in Affinity?

Many thanks.

Screenshot (2).png

• Staff

Hi @thusband,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

Firstly, with a RAW file open please navigate to View>Assistant Manager... and take a screenshot of this dialog, then attach it here.

Secondly, could you please provide a copy of the RAW file you're opening in Affinity?

Many thanks!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Is there an Affinity tech support where I could get someone to take a look at this problem? Are there logs that could shed some light perhaps?  Every RAW file I open has this issue where I have to click 'Default' in the Lens tab.

Certainly not a show stopper but it is a bit irritating.

Many thanks.

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here @thusband - I've forwarded your RAW file to our developers and I'm currently awaiting a response, as this isn't an issue I've seen happening before in Affinity and I'm currently unsure of the reason for this.

As soon as I have some more information to provide here I'll be sure to reply :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

@thusband I have since filed this as a bug with our developers, as I can see that if you select 'Default' and then re-enable the same correction and lens vignette options, then the image appears correctly. We're unfortunately not 100% certain of the cause of this currently, but we suspect it may be due to the full frame camera being used with a crop lens sensor and this is somewhat unique, so Affinity Photo doesn't handle this gracefully.

As mentioned, this is logged with our developers and we hope to fix this shortly, in the meantime unfortunately I recommend creating a custom profile for the lens tab of the develop persona, so when you load your RAW images you can simply change the preset and you're good to go.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused here in the meantime!