You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error while Exporting PDF

Yolo

Possibly this FAQ article will help:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @BlackGuardPrez,

Thanks for the nudge, this had slipped by me!

I've looked at it and it's an issue we are already aware of, so it's a bug and logged with us.

The image "black-guard-logo-final.jpg" is the cause, and I believe it's because it lacks a colour profile.

If you can re-insert this image it should hopefully fix the issue, if it doesn't can you upload that resource individually to the above link?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 8/17/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jon P said:

Do you have any images inside the publication with no colour profile? If you want to upload the publisher file here I can take a look

Are you still available to help? I am also filing on _any_ PDF export and, of course, the printer expects the file tomorrow!.

Previously, with fewer pages, I had been successful in exporting multiple pages in PDF. Have any ideas to look at? For instance there is a screen shot included. I'll check that...

HORCH__4.afpub

31 minutes ago, Thom76 said:

Are you still available to help? I am also filing on _any_ PDF export and, of course, the printer expects the file tomorrow!.

Previously, with fewer pages, I had been successful in exporting multiple pages in PDF. Have any ideas to look at? For instance there is a screen shot included. I'll check that...

HORCH__4.afpub 2.11 MB · 0 downloads

PDFLib.log

2 hours ago, Thom76 said:

From your PDFLib.log:

PDF_load_image(p_0x7fb770c7df40, "jpeg", "/var/folders/t2/xtffws495ys5pk_bh68mvvx40000gn/T/com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher/PdfIm_45.jpg", /*c*/0, " ignoremask=true iccprofile=4")
[Last exception 2418 in PDF_load_image]["ICC profile for image file '/var/folders/t2/xtffws495ys5pk_bh68mvvx40000gn/T/com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher/PdfIm_45.jpg' doesn't match image data"]

I think that means there's an issue with one of your images, or its ICC profile. But I don't know for sure how to identify which one from that message.

If I were trying to figure it out I would probably use a kind of binary search approach. Given that your document has 52 pages:

1. Try to export pages 1-26 and pages 27-52 separately.
  2. With luck, only one of the exports will fail.
  3. Take the one that failed (say it's 27-52 just as an example), and split it, exporting pages 27-40 in one operation, and 41-52 in another.
  4. Again, with luck, only one will fail. Split that one, and repeat.

Eventually (fairly quickly, usually) if there's only 1 image with a problem you will be down to 1 page, and it's an image from that page. If at any time both halves fail, you'll need to continue the process with both failing halves (split, try two exports, ...).

Alternatively, it might be an issue with the 45th image in your document. (However, from that log the images were not being processed in numeric order, which puzzles me.) You could try simply omitting that image or that page and trying the export. Maybe you'll get lucky :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...

I am having an issue exporting to PDF a file that I was able to export to PDF a couple of weeks ago, and have opened it, changed some text, and now get the generic error message. I have enabled logging and see this:

[Last exception 2418 in PDF_load_image]["ICC profile for image file 'C:\Users\kklm\AppData\Local\Temp\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\PdfIm_33.jpg' doesn't match image data"]

What is puzzling is why it is looking there for an image.  That image does not appear anywhere in my document.  I can find the image in that folder, but it's an image of an entire page, which again, is strange in that I would imagine therefore that this is part of some background process that Affinity runs when compiling the page.  But why would this have a problem with the ICC profile?  Note:  other than the background image that is used on every page, not just this one, there are no other images on that page.  

I note that the ICC Profile for the background image is: US. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.  Other images have other profiles such as sRGB and sRGB IEC61966-2.1.   

What are the steps to take to fix an image if the icc profile doesn't match the image data?  How do I fix the profile, or make the document accep this profile?

Thanks!

Edited by vbwyrde