You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rotating objects

I can rotate an object from his center.

I can rotate an object from one of his corners in the "moving window", by taking it from the opposite corner with the Ctrl key clicked.

ji0qc5.jpg

But, how can be an object be rotated from another point (axis)?

P.S: The same with scaling (although I think at the moment, no object can't be scaled from his center)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to keep banging on about Serif Draw, but when you highlight an object in SD there is a point marked in the centre of the object around which the object will rotate.

This point can be dragged anywhere and the object will rotate around its new position. 

rotate_boxed.png

Is this a planned feature (or one that already exists that I have not found)?

Thanks.

RPJ 

Better Than Nothing - Just

Agree that the pivot point can be a pain when moved by mistake - but I'd prefer it to be there than to have no option at all.

The modifier key might be an option.

As you said Rui - if the handles and pivot point  appeared when a modifier key was pressed - then disappeared (or reduced in size) when released that might be a solution.

That's what Serif PagePlus does and I think it works well there. I wouldn't want it always visible (even if non-moveable) because it obscures the object.

Ha! Thought I'd thought of it! :) How quickly things slip when not using a tool all the time!

After taking a look, it's visible in PagePlus after a lollipop hover then disappears when the cursor moves; is movable after a lollipop click.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

I also thing that a modifier key is the obvious solution.

What I think it would be best is to always show the pivot point but it can only be moved if a modifier key is pressed.

That way, even if the user drags the object hitting the pivot point, the object simply gets dragged.

I think it's the best option, moving the modifier only by pressing a key.