When I click on LUT, AP freezes up (see attached screenshot).

I've about had it.  There constantly seems to be something wrong...with no answers.  Love the thing that work...when they work.

I don't see any other recourse to this but, uninstall.

Capture=20.PNG

How many LUTs have you installed into Affinity Photo? And how long have you waited before deciding it's frozen?

For each LUT that you have installed, Photo needs to generate a preview of that LUT's effect on your image. If you have a lot of LUTs installed, that can take a long amount of time.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.820 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.820 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.822 Beta.

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

How many LUTs have you installed into Affinity Photo? And how long have you waited before deciding it's frozen?

For each LUT that you have installed, Photo needs to generate a preview of that LUT's effect on your image. If you have a lot of LUTs installed, that can take a long amount of time.

I can't install any LUTs because it freezes.  If you see at the top of my screenshot, it says "not responding".

You don't have to click on LUT in the Adjustment panel to install LUTs. You can also click on the Adjustments icon at the bottom of the Layers panel, then on "LUT..." near the bottom of the list:
image.png.325877379eabda47c96d645682d271e5.png

Also, "Not Responding" can (I think) simply mean the program is busy, and if you wait it may come back.

However, if you have not yet installed any LUTs then that is not what's going on, so I'm out of ideas for now. Sorry.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.820 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.820 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.822 Beta.

11 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You don't have to click on LUT in the Adjustment panel to install LUTs. You can also click on the Adjustments icon at the bottom of the Layers panel, then on "LUT..." near the bottom of the list:
image.png.325877379eabda47c96d645682d271e5.png

Also, "Not Responding" can (I think) simply mean the program is busy, and if you wait it may come back.

However, if you have not yet installed any LUTs then that is not what's going on, so I'm out of ideas for now. Sorry.

I appreciate the help...thanks!

20 hours ago, Nita Reed said:

When I click on LUT, AP freezes up (see attached screenshot).

What Layer do you have selected when you click LUT in the Adjustments Studio please?

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You don't have to click on LUT in the Adjustment panel to install LUTs. You can also click on the Adjustments icon at the bottom of the Layers panel, then on "LUT..." near the bottom of the list

Does this method also cause the app to enter a 'not responding' state?

Does this happen with any document, or only the one shown in your screenshot?

Does the LUT dialog show, and then hang when you try importing the LUT, or does the dialog not show at all?

Many thanks!