You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hokusai

I work more heavily with and I am more familiar with Japanese art but I have a soft spot for all Asian art. In the past year or so I've seen so many beautiful Chinese prints and pictures and when I saw this one some months ago, I thought it would be a great one for me to do in my style. I did this one with all vectors in Affinity Designer and I did two versions, one regular and one that shows the wind but something about the wind bothered me but I decided to present it as well even though I feel that it is distracting and not as good as the one without the wind. One thing I'd love to see added to Designer sometime is some vector brushes or different vector strokes with customizable ends so that I could more easily replicate the look of using a fude (Japanese brush or a similar style ink brush normally used to write calligraphy but is great to draw with too) using pure vectors.

This picture is my stylized version of Lie Yukkou, a famous Daoist philosopher based on an old picture by  a Chinese artist named Zhang Lu. 

Thanks for taking time to view my work.

Best regards,

Hokusai

Yukkou.png

Yukkou_Wind.png

ScreenShot.png