You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI control-clic channel selection issue ?

Hi, when I try to select a Spare Channel (or any other channels) with "Ctrl-Clic" from the View > Studio > Channels Panel, the contextual menu does not appear (nothing append),
It only appears if you clic on the very-very right part of the panel...

When watching this tutorial, this issue does not appear there https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/334283412/
(Btw Contextual menu on layer panel are fine)

Looks like a UI issue ?
Nice w-e to everyone !

Mac OSX 10.13 / Affinity Photo 1.8.4 / Mac Pro 3.1

Affinity_Photo_UI_Channel_Issue.png

Edited by sbgraphic
replaced miss-spelling 'Pallet' by 'Panel' to be correct

I watched that video and at no point is the channels panel not right clicked on in order to create or rename the spare channels. And it would be impossible to have the software know that I want a context menu for the channels panel to pop up if I were to right click outside of it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi, maybe i was not clear enough… it' not about renaming any channel on this panel,  it's about having the contextual menu behaving correctly. On the layer panel I can Ctrl-Click anyehere on the layer and I see the menu popping up, but on the Channel Panel, it does not seem to behave as it should (On the video you clearly see the user clicking one of the thumbnail of the the spare channel and the menu is popping-up… i cannot do that, the menu does not appear unless i click on the very right border of the panel...

54 minutes ago, sbgraphic said:

maybe i was not clear enough…

I was confused by the arrow pointing up to the text.

Okay I understand. That is wrong. Does this still happen if the panel is Docked? On my set up it is in the right hand. You could try the View > Studio > Reset Studio.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello, this issue was not fixed in 1.10.6… I still use my old mac on osx 10.13 even I have 2.1 on a more recent system…
If I enable a second button on my mouse this quick menu shows up… but I don't like using this second button… I prefer using 'control-clic' .

Is there a way to add / set a shortcut for all those control-clic "Create… " functions from the screenshot below in 1.10.6 ?
Can't find it or did i missed it ?

Thanks in advance !

menu.png