You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

The tools in the Affinity Suite are symbolized by icons in the toolbar, and these images can be found in the PDF of the keyboard shortcuts. Where can we get each of these images?

Thank you for your explanations.

affinity-01.png

affinity-02.png

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

Hello, David in Яuislip.

16 hours ago, David in Яuislip said:

Sssshhh, it's a secret

:9_innocent: So, It’s an open secret of Polichinelle: opening every single folder in an application shouldn’t be that difficult.

I will clarify my request.

I’m rather looking for the original vector files, probably in AFDESIGN format,

outil-degrade.png

that were used here to build these very small PNG raster thumbnails.

original-tool.png

degrade.afdesign

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

1 hour ago, Pyanepsion said:

I couldn't find any vector files only those pngs, probably a closely guarded secret at Affinity HQ

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Why would they make available the original files that they have designed to give the app it’s look?

Why not ask them to give them to you and see what response you get 🤔 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff
7 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

You can find these in the downloadable "Customisable cheat sheets" from the below Spotlight article - 

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/downloadable-affinity-keyboard-shortcut-cheat-sheets/

Which will download the files in an .afdesign format - I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

You can find these in the downloadable "Customisable cheat sheets" from the below Spotlight article - 

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/downloadable-affinity-keyboard-shortcut-cheat-sheets/

Which will download the files in an .afdesign format - I hope this helps :) 

Maybe there is something wrong with my installation of AD or how I am downloading the files, but for me only the German "Customisable cheat sheets" include any vector format layers of the tool icons. In fact, the English language ones just have the "MODIFIERS & LAYER CONTROL" layers (which the German language ones lack).

DOH! I failed to notice the page navigator. Using that I can see the 'missing' pages. 😊

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/15/2020 at 6:32 PM, R C-R said:

DOH! I failed to notice the page navigator. Using that I can see the 'missing' pages. 

I can see a browser in Afinity Designer, but not a page browser. I only see pages in Publisher. How do I do this in Designer?

Note that these AFDESIGN files require the use of the “Open Sans” font of Google. This is a serif free font created in 2010 by Steve Matteson on Google order. It has 869 characters and is available in five variations of fat with an italic version for each of them, for a total of 10 variations.

image.thumb.png.128f7b33f990b99598e7330decd62f91.png

1 hour ago, Pyanepsion said:

I can see a browser in Afinity Designer, but not a page browser.

It is there in your screenshot at the bottom left of the window:

1828194251_navbrowser.jpg.79923cca44ffacbd971304357393d661.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

D'oh! It's better this way. Thank you..

• 7 months later...

Did all the Affinity icons ever exist as a table of editable vectors?
I have a strong memory of seeing all the Affinity toolbar icons laid out in an afdesign document. I think it was an example file maybe?
I've been looking for about an hour but can't find it anywhere. 
I remember thinking it was so cool to seeing how the icons were made! But now I'm wondering if I imagined it... 🤔

1 hour ago, Display said:

Did all the Affinity icons ever exist as a table of editable vectors?
I have a strong memory of seeing all the Affinity toolbar icons laid out in an afdesign document. I think it was an example file maybe?
I've been looking for about an hour but can't find it anywhere. 
I remember thinking it was so cool to seeing how the icons were made! But now I'm wondering if I imagined it... 🤔

Just follow the link in Dan’s post. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Just follow the link in Dan’s post. :)

Thank you, maybe I'm recalling it wrong then. Or maybe I'm thinking of Krita or some other open-source project with SVGs of the icons.
I could swear it was Affinity though, I remember being really impressed by the designs and how they were all available on one sheet!

Here's a mock up, I think it looked something like this (complete with guides and had all the application icons):
210410_Designer_icons.png.951e425e40e2a2e02525c352f158b418.png

1 hour ago, Display said:

Here's a mock up, I think it looked something like this (complete with guides and had all the application icons):

I suspect that is something a user made, extracting the vector versions of the tool icons from one of the customizable *.afdesign format cheat sheets (at https://affinityspotlight.com/article/downloadable-affinity-keyboard-shortcut-cheat-sheets/).

Most but not all of the vector versions of the AD tool icons are in that Designer shortcuts afdesign file -- there is no Contour Tool tool icon because the cheatsheets were created before it was added; no Artboard, Place Image, or Slice Tool I could find; & few of the 'quick shapes' (like the stars, cog,  & heart) are included. The vector versions of the quick shape tools are easy enough to create, give or take the subtle gradient which could be copied from the Cycle Shape Tool shortcut that shows just the 3 simplest shape tools.

Affinity Photo